Is https breaking certian links?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Aleph(0), Feb 15, 2017.

1. Aleph(0)

Thread Starter Member

Mar 14, 2015
    So I just contacted HP off list and she says link is good cuz she tested it after making post and later on when she looked back to see if I had replied yet. Anyhow she says maybe https transition is causing my problem cuz I get message like _you don't have permission to veiw page blah blah blah_ which is exactly what happens when following links to deleted posts:confused:

So HP says she'll try to get on here soon to test it again but I'm asking if anyone else has same problem cuz it seems like bug but HP says it's all good with FF and that's browser I'm using:confused:

Here's quote of post containing link so to test plz click on big _THIS_ in quote

So now I want to say I'm very happy abt https change:)! So if this is just like _teething problem_ I understand how that goes but I say secured protocol is excellent move! TNX!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

@Aleph(0) , the link you show goes to the AAC contributers forum.
    You do not have permission to view that forum.

Bertus

Aleph(0) likes this.
  3. Aleph(0)

Thread Starter Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Tnx bertus but I don't understand cuz I've been registered on here almost 2 years and haven't had problems posting and reading messages on any forums b4:confused:? So I'm asking plz explain what I'm doing wrong now? Cuz if you mean message is on hidden forum how can I get access? TNX:)!

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

The AAC contributers forum is used to preview articles that are prepared for publication on the AAC.
    Selected members can give remarks on what to change or improve on the articles, before publication.

Bertus

Aleph(0) likes this.
  5. Aleph(0)

Thread Starter Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Tnx bertus! I don't know if proofreading for site is like they say _for me_ or not and anyhow my post count is probably too low so I totally understand abt not being invited to special forum.:cool: What I don't understand though is why @Hypatia's Protege pointed me to post I can't access:mad:o_O! So I guess that's between her and I:rolleyes:!

Bertus since HP might not have time to be back on here today could you do me a favor by copying post HP wanted me to see to EHT thread? Tnx!

6. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    @Aleph(0)

The post in question is now quoted in the EHT... thread:)

Well ya see - it was an oversight - may I be forgiven? --- Now, if you don't mind, I have a few offline responsibilities to attend to....K?

Tolerantly
    HP:rolleyes:

7. Aleph(0)

Thread Starter Member

Mar 14, 2015
    HP Thanks:)!