Is AliExpress working ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Seems a piece of sheet to me now; cannot purchase electronic parts.
While logged-in, I select a product to buy and tells me to register using social crap or pushing me for downloading an application which I never needed before nor want now.
Browsing their products, show one price and some on free shipping. Clicking on it to buy; shows another price plus shipping and minimum order. :mad:

Does it work well for you ?

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
It mostly works fine for me. They did recently change the layout and it has a few bugs, specially for searching but I don't have any issues buying stuff once I find what I need. Try clearing your cache.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It is always quirky. Advertised prices and free shipping do not always appear identically in their shopping cart. I've had issues with being signed in and trying to place items in an empty cart and not being able to and being asked to sign in again ad infinitum. They really need some good programmers... One big issue has been trying to buy CBB22 caps and their having enormous shipping charges from some vendors. A common ploy on AliX is posting a very cheap item price so it will sort the items price to the top of the display list and then make their profit by charging high shipping costs. But with the CBB22 caps it is really screwy and when I enquired about it was told that they don't assign the shipping costs but that the AliX software computes the shipping cost for the item without the vendor's control. Which is utter BS! An old Chinese adage is "If you can cheat, cheat!" and it is well displayed on AliX by many of their vendors!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
cannot purchase electronic parts
I'd be very careful buying bare parts. They're likely to be rejects or counterfeits.
I select a product to buy and tells me to register using social crap or pushing me for downloading an application which I never needed before nor want now.
I've never had it ask me to use social media or to download their ap. but it sometimes switches to another language and I have to sign out and back in to get things straightened out.
Browsing their products, show one price and some on free shipping. Clicking on it to buy; shows another price plus shipping and minimum order.
The price thing has always been problematic. They have multiple items in the listing and the price isn't what AE shows on the summary. It's for a less expensive item in the listing.

The shipping thing is because the website isn't considering your location and the seller doesn't actually provide free shipping to your location. At least that's what one seller told me.
Does it work well for you ?
Works well enough.

Searching has always been crappy.

Sometimes the orders page doesn't show all orders. Showing past orders in a PITA now because you have to keep clicking to show more (if you have a lot of orders and you're looking for something that wasn't recent). If you print the orders page, it doesn't show pictures of the items.

Have you discovered coins? I've been buying from AE for years and only discovered coins recently. Apparently you have to jump through hoops in their app and get a variable number of coins as a reward. On the website, I can get 40 coins daily if I remember to collect them every day. That's for a "streak". If you forget, it restarts at 20-30-40-40... I keep the page opened and try to remember to collect coins in the morning when I check email.
1700928420480.png
Coins are worth about a penny each and you can't decide when or how many to use. If you buy things that come up on the coins page, it usually applies some small number to the items. I have almost $60 in coins that I'm waiting for AE to let me use.

The items the coins page shows are usually related to things you've searched for or bought in the past. Sometimes it shows inappropriate items, but that seems to be a glitch.

The last couple of times I ordered, they had a "buy more, save more" promotion. $4 off for every $20 spent on qualifying items.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
After a lot of keyboard massaging, was able to order parts.
The new hurdle is the sellers show many 'versions' Example: 1A, 2A, 3A, 5A...-say fuses- Choosing 5A goes nowhere because it is not for sale. The seller advertises many but sells only -say 2A- version. Typical chinese stupid misleading.
So had to try many vendors to select from their multiple 'versions' to find who sells (or puts in cart) the one am after. :mad: