Is a plant considered a living thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Gentlemen!
Enough of the troll pictures. Responding to a thread is entirely optional. Treating each and every member with the same degree of respect is not optional.
The Determined Digit of Delete is getting itchy...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I agree!

It's one thing to call out someone as a troll when they are posting in someone else's thread. But when it is THEIR thread, they have a lot more latitude in topic selection. Others have the option of ignoring the thread. If you don't and, instead, post troll pictures or other disparaging remarks, the question of just who is playing the role of troll can legitimately be asked.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Thank you for bringing this question about plants and your College Level engineering degree to an electronics forum. At first glance, I would think a 6 year old girl would ask this kind of question, but I am sure you intend some learned project which will change he course of our future. Please elaborate on which aspects of plant life you intend to interface with electronic devices so that we may understand better how to serve you.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank you for bringing this question about plants and your College Level engineering degree to an electronics forum. At first glance, I would think a 6 year old girl would ask this kind of question, but I am sure you intend some learned project which will change he course of our future. Please elaborate on which aspects of plant life you intend to interface with electronic devices so that we may understand better how to serve you.
If he were going to interface it to an electronic device, then it would be off-topic for the Off Topic forum! This forum is explicitly for topics OTHER THAN electronics. You, yourself, have started numerous threads in this forum that are not in any way electronic related. So have I. So have most other members. Why can't RITTESH?

If you don't like a thread that someone starts, particularly in Off Topic, you always have the option to ignore it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Some questions leave open for interpretation as to exactly which aspect is being questioned. See this one from yesterday:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/transformer-and-bridge-rectifiers.118722/#post-938306

Three senior members had completely different (and valid) beliefs about the subject matter and they offered three very different answers which might or might not be useful, depending on what the Thread Starter actually intended.

I humbly withdraw my inquiry about any connection to electronics. I am also fairly good with carpentry, but I don't think that is the correct interpretation, either. I will leave this matter for others to decipher.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The plants can suck the water, absorb sunlight, can grow up, can generate next generation, if you study deeper and deeper then you will find they can feel scare, can feel heat, can feel everything surround them, and they have their own will.

I will doing the energy exchanging with the trees sometimes, normally they will fellow my will to do, once I was doing the energy exchanging with a tree, but it won't fellow my will, it's quite strange that I still don't know why, in the normal way, I will send my energy through my left hand to the tree and absorb its energy to my right hand, and the energy has a circulation through my two hands and my body to the tree, and next turn I will send my energy through my right hand to the tree and absorb its energy to my left hand, and the energy has a circulation through my two hands and my body to the tree again, after doing that several times then I can absorb its energy through my two hands to my body.

But that times the tree refused to let me absorb to my hands and it through their roots and to my two legs, and the energy has a circulation through my body to my two hands and to the tree again, that is a big cycle that I did it in other place before, and that is my will, but I was not start plan to do that, but the three did it, how does it know my mody can do that kind of circulation, it is still a puzzle, this is my real experience, it was not listen from someone or the story from other people.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
...you will find they can feel scare...
I wonder how a wooden stake feels when driven into the heart of a vampire?

I will doing the energy exchanging with the trees sometimes, normally they will fellow my will to do, once I was doing the energy exchanging with a tree, but it won't fellow my will, it's quite strange that I still don't know why, in the normal way, I will send my energy through my left hand to the tree and absorb its energy to my right hand, and the energy has a circulation through my two hands and my body to the tree, and next turn I will send my energy through my right hand to the tree and absorb its energy to my left hand, and the energy has a circulation through my two hands and my body to the tree again, after doing that several times then I can absorb its energy through my two hands to my body.

But that times the tree refused to let me absorb to my hands and it through their roots and to my two legs, and the energy has a circulation through my body to my two hands and to the tree again, that is a big cycle that I did it in other place before, and that is my will, but I was not start plan to do that, but the three did it, how does it know my mody can do that kind of circulation, it is still a puzzle, this is my real experience, it was not listen from someone or the story from other people.
This sounds extremely dangerous. Especially during a thunderstorm.

Oh. And possibly a violation of the TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.