IR2213 IC for high side gate driver

sanjidaYork

Joined Oct 30, 2018
Hi,
I am using a high side gate driver (IR2213) for the first time. Without switch power rail and the bootstrap circuit, is it possible to observe the high side or low side output signal with the following circuit? I am not observing any signal on the output side. please help.
upload_2018-11-5_13-47-9.png

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Where is your boost rectifier?
Also you need the low side on before the high side will Create the high side boost voltage.
You cannot test with HO & LO unconnected.
Max.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
The low side driver should work with no external parts.

VB must be at least 11.7 V positive with respect to VS to assure that the high side driver is initially enabled. HO would normally be observed relative to VS. If you connect VS to COM and VB to VDD, then the high side driver output will be nearly identical to the low side driver output (note the delay circuit used to prevent "shoot through"). You can make VS up to 1200 V positive with respect to COM, but with bootstrapping not functioning (diode omitted or no switching - see following) VB would still have be maintained at about 12 V positive with respect to VS, implying a "floating" supply. Many power supplies would not having their output connected to something at such a high voltage above earth ground - and there is the safety aspect to consider.

In order for the circuit to bootstrap the high side supply, the bootstrap diode must be used and VS must be periodically switched to very close to the voltage of COM in order to replenish the charge on the high side driver reservoir capacitor (i.e. the cap between VB and VS).

Hi,
I am using a high side gate driver (IR2213) for the first time. Without switch power rail and the bootstrap circuit, is it possible to observe the high side or low side output signal with the following circuit? I am not observing any signal on the output side. please help.
View attachment 163182
Yes it is.. only make sure the inputs Hin, Lin and SD are correctly.. I am working with these driver