IR2110 LTSpice Download and setup

Carloco0306

Joined Nov 13, 2018
Hi all,

I am currently trying to simulate an pure sine wave inverter and I am trying to drive an H-bridge with an IRF2110. I am currently trying to simulate the circuit in LtSpice and have found the link for the file in the following website

http://www.irf.com/product-info/models/sim/index.html[/URL]

My problem is, how do I set up the LTspice model? I have never imported third party models into the software and would like to knoow how to import this one as it is a crucial part of the circuit.

Thanks

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Note that LTspiceXV11 on a Win10 system looks for the models and symbols in folders in the User/Documents path.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
In the first link, everything is detailed and examples are given.
In my case, the system programmer redefined the place of the documents on disk D:.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org ==>
For LTspiceIV users, you must copy the contents of the lib and example folder to the LTspiceIV lib and example folder.
For LTspiceXVII users, you need to copy the contents of my collection LTspiceXVII folder to the LTspiceXVII similar name folder.
To find the desired folder (There are two such folders), start typing any item (click on the symbol of the logical element in the menu). In the top line
You will see "(the required address)\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym.
Are you aware that the user directory of LTspiceXVII is in "Documents" of the user.
C:\Users\uswrname\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib
For example:
C:\Users\Joe\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym is where keep my symbols
C:\Users\Joe\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sub is where i keep my .subckts

Open folder C:\Users\uswrname\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib and copy lib folder from lib.zip.
For example:
2018-11-15_08-59-56.png
The name of my model folder is different from the standard view, because the system administrator transferred the My Documents folder to the D drive:

Carloco0306

Joined Nov 13, 2018
http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org ==>
For LTspiceIV users, you must copy the contents of the lib and example folder to the LTspiceIV lib and example folder.
For LTspiceXVII users, you need to copy the contents of my collection LTspiceXVII folder to the LTspiceXVII similar name folder.
To find the desired folder (There are two such folders), start typing any item (click on the symbol of the logical element in the menu). In the top line
You will see "(the required address)\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym.
Are you aware that the user directory of LTspiceXVII is in "Documents" of the user.
C:\Users\uswrname\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib
For example:
C:\Users\Joe\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym is where keep my symbols
C:\Users\Joe\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sub is where i keep my .subckts

Open folder C:\Users\uswrname\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib and copy lib folder from lib.zip.
For example:
View attachment 163845
The name of my model folder is different from the standard view, because the system administrator transferred the My Documents folder to the D drive:

Thanks a lot!

Just a question, would you happen to have a working Ltspice model that uses the IR2110?

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
If you did the correct comparators and everything else, then I would not change the scheme. I do not understand why two modulators. I applied the Schmidt trigger as a comparator with a slight hysteresis. Hysteresis is helpful. Although it was possible to use a comparator based on a non-linear, dependent voltage source, which uses the “if” function.