IR2110 High Output doesn't show, H Bridge Inverter

gnd24

Joined Aug 2, 2017
I know there have been many posts about this issue but as I scroll them over, they're years old and I'm getting confused from reading so many threads. So I decided to start a new one instead.

I'm trying to build a Full H-Bridge Inverter for a school project. The description is as follows
1. The H-Bridge consisted of 4 IGBT (IRG4PC40U) driven by 2 IR2110.
2. The high input and low input for IR2110 is from two pins of Arduino PWM output.
void(loop) {
digitalWrite(3,HIGH);
digitalWrite(9,LOW);
delayMicroseconds(x); //x is 62, to produce 8Khz
digitalWrite(3,LOW);
digitalWrite(9,HIGH);
delayMicroseconds(125-x);
}

3. At first, I used 0,47mikrofarad electrolytic capacitor for VB to VS pin on IR2110, as I read about bootstrap capacitors, I changed it to 1mikrofarad and it is still not showing the waveform output but the voltage is 25V, while I got the waveform output from the LO pin at 9,2V

4. My friend suggested to use CD4049 to the LO pin of IR2110 and use it to activate the gate, replacing the HO pin. Will it work?

What could be the problem?
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Attachments

gnd24

Joined Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for the response.

I forgot to put the load in the schematic I posted. The load is a 3Amp 0-25V to 0-220V transformer connected to ac light bulb.
I found that blogpost as well and used it as reference. Tried it and I had short-circuit when the load is connected. :(

Where did I go wrong?
I'm kinda stressing because I have tried it for a month now. Keep on replacing components and circuitry also. However, I'm not gonna give up till I made it :D

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Redraw you exact schematic and post it, schematics are the language of circuits, so they are important to get good answers.

But I'll give you a hint to help you on your way, the boot strap capacitor gets charged when the low side mosfet for that driver is on and the high side mosfet is off.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Read the data sheet for the IR2110, the way you have it connected is wrong, the bootstrap cap does nothing the way you have it connected.
Look at the application notes and circuits.

gnd24

Joined Aug 2, 2017
Thank you for the responds everyone! I got it now. Apparently it's because my Arduino couldn't read the Zero Crossing signals. So I debounce the signal using 7414 ic. And changed the pwm codes to analog one.

And thanks Max! I changed the bootstrap capacitor to 22mikrofarad.