IR Audio

testitonanimals

Joined Oct 9, 2004
I am interested in recording ir signals from my remotes as audio on a computer, then to play them back in the same manor. Does anyone have a circuit that would aid me in that?

testitonanimals

Joined Oct 9, 2004
IR circuit here, place remote in front of it, open up an audio recording program on the computer, press record, press a button on the remote, now the signal from the remoted is stored as an audio file, now press play and the ir circuit plays the ir signal, and does whatever that button on the remote does. Obviously the circuit will connect to mic in and line out.

Iodem_Asakura

Joined Sep 14, 2004
The problem is that the signals used for remote control, are of high frecuency. This frecuencies are not audibles. So if you record the information of the transmited signal and try to playback it you won´t hear nothing.

testitonanimals

Joined Oct 9, 2004
*sigh*
Pay attention to what as said, the point is not to hear the signals but to record and then play back through a transmitter. I don't give a crap if you can hear it, as it will never go through any speakers. And my audio system is capable of recording the frequencies required.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi,

"And my audio system is capable of recording the frequencies required."

do you already have the IR Tx/Rx circuit and do you know the frequency it is operated?
what's the medium of storing the received signals?
do you already have the transmitter to send out the playedback IR signal and the receiver to receive the signal.?

am i asking too many questions, its hard to answer something that has too many unknows. :(

testitonanimals

Joined Oct 9, 2004
Yes, I have the circuit, it's called a tv remote, like I stated before.
The medium would OBVIOUSLY be my hard drive as i'm not rightly going to take the time to burn cds and i'm not dumb enough to put them on floppies. I honestly don't see the origin of this question it's quite clear.
No, I don't have a transmitter, that would be why I asked for a circuit instead of asking how to hook up something I already have.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
to you it's clear becoz youre the one having the problem, but for a DUMBO LIKE ME who does not easily understand has to ask questions to GIVE YOU A SENSIBLE ANSWER!

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by testitonanimals@Oct 10 2004, 04:21 AM
I am interested in recording ir signals from my remotes as audio on a computer, then to play them back in the same manor. Does anyone have a circuit that would aid me in that?
[post=2853]Quoted post[/post]​
It seems all you need is an IR receiver that will interface with the audio input of your computer. The simplest way would be to cannabilize one from a defunct TV or video recorder. Failing that, you can make one using a dedicated receiver chip, or from discretes (I have seen circuits in various forums).

The outputs of all receivers will be a digital signal that will swing from V- to V+. That may be too high for your audio input and may need to be potted down.

The IR transmitters I have seen use a transmitted 'word' containing a sync pulse plus 5 or 6 bits of data. Short pulses of light are transmitted to mark the end of a bit - the space between pulses indicating whether the bit is a 0, a 1, or sync. Others use pulses modulated with 50KHz to 75KHz to combat 50Hz interference from mains electric lamps. The receivers should cope with any format.

Hope that may help.

bipin

Joined Mar 21, 2004
Hi testitonanimals,

try out this link may be helpful to you.

PC remote.

I think you can use the first circuit and the interface part, you may have to link the data to your sound recording software, on which i am not knowlegdeable to comment.

thanks