Inverter and battery

Haropas

Joined Aug 16, 2019
I am trying to make an electric bike with a washing machine motor. The project is finished but i have a problem. The motor is a 50hz 220-240 volt 250/450w. I have an inverter 2000w. When i connect the car battery to the inverter and then to the motor, the motor turns a little.. i go like 5 meters and then makes a biiib and the inverter continue to work but the motor stops. So i put bigger diameter cables and i could go a little longer but again the motor stoped again. So i have tree theory's. Or the motor need more amh from the battery in order to work more time. But if i do that i may blow up the inverter( because it shuts down for a reason ). Also if the amh are too high the battery will die too quickly. Or the car battery isnt suitable for this project because it cant produce high amh for longer than 10 seconds because the car battery works as a starter for the car and produces high amh for very little time just to start the car .

So i have no idea whats the problem .the project was just for fun. I know its difficult to work. I had all the components so it was zero money but i wanted to make a really really cool project
16010295330503371108972493517902.jpg16010295660208100169996253818891.jpg16010306912178719088798885889329.jpg16010307138424087174147333181737.jpg

I put pulleys and gears to the bike in order to be a lot easier for the motor to turn.

Attachments

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I am no expert in mechanics, but I think your gearing down is not sufficient.

What is the RPM rating of the motor at full load, and what is the ratio of the two pulley diameters?

A bicycle is typically pedaled at about 90 RPM. The RPM of your large pulley should be around that.

Bob

Haropas

Joined Aug 16, 2019
I am no expert in mechanics, but I think your gearing down is not sufficient.

What is the RPM rating of the motor at full load, and what is the ratio of the two pulley diameters?

A bicycle is typically pedaled at about 90 RPM. The RPM of your large pulley should be around that.

Bob
Yes i know thats why i put this big pulley. I think mechanically is right because the washing machine motor was connected with that exact pulley on the washing machine. If the washing machine is rated for 10 kilos except of the clothes the washing machine has water in the bucket so it has so much torque also the back sproket connected to the back wheel is bigger than usual. If i connect the bike directly to the wall socket it has no difficulty to go uphill with 10 km/h

Haropas

Joined Aug 16, 2019
No not ata
What happens when the bike is off the floor, does it spin the wheel ok, and how much current is it drawing with no load and when under load.??
So.. when i connect the bike directrly to the wall socket it has a lot of torque . I have a video that i can show you. Now i thought that if i put an inverter and a battery it would work. The motor, the inverter or the battery isn't warm on the touch. If i connect the battery to the inverter and then on the motor and the bike is off the ground it can turn for 10 seconds and then stops. I changed the wire from the battery to inverter in a thicker one it can turn the motor more easily but if i put a small load it stops. Just to mention the cables are high current and thick as a finger.