The New Inverter beeps when power is on and the battery is charging. Is it normal

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, I have changed the inverter battery to a new amaron AR150tt54 model tall .
When the inverter was installed the battery began to charge , but after a few minutes, either there is beep and some times continuous beeps for three times .
Is this normal or is there something wrong.
I have only changed the battery and the inverter is said to be normal
please give your views
Should I look in to the inverter or battery or the connection

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi, I have changed the inverter battery to a new amaron AR150tt54 model tall .
When the inverter was installed the battery began to charge , but after a few minutes, either there is beep and some times continuous beeps for three times .
Is this normal or is there something wrong.
I have only changed the battery and the inverter is said to be normal
please give your views
Should I look in to the inverter or battery or the connection
What does the manual say?

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, sorry for the delay in reply. I was away from home.
I called my technician. He has come and inspected the inverter. It was faulty. I bought the microtek square type inverter long back 15 years. the inner parts are not available and so decided to buy a new inverter having sine wave model.
Would some one say, what is the sine wave and pure sine wave models?
what is the real difference between them other than the price

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
what is the sine wave and pure sine wave models?
what is the real difference between them
The cheaper so-called "sine-wave" models usually have modified square-wave outputs in practice, whereas the "pure sine-wave" models have a PWM-synthesised sine-wave output.
Here are the two waveform types :-
SineModSquare.jpg

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
the cheaper one may give some distortion/buzz on audio amplifiers, motors may run hotter, anything with a AC transformer may buzz/hum a bit louder and run a bit warmer vs using mains (wall outlet) power.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
The cheaper so-called "sine-wave" models usually have modified square-wave outputs in practice, whereas the "pure sine-wave" models have a PWM-synthesised sine-wave output.
Here are the two waveform types :-
View attachment 267756
????

The "synthesized sinewave" should look more like your "true sinewave" waveform.
The true sinewave doesn't have the stair stepping property.

sorry....just sayin....

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
The modified sine wave is a bit extreme example (barely modified to a sine wave but some cheap inverters do output that waveform. Here is a bit more complex...

Or this

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Nice. Thanks for all the replies. I bought microtek 1075 va pure sine wave inverter, 2 years warranty and fixed it with my new purchased battery . The technician says, that what I had was microtek square wave , which spare parts are not available now to repair correctly. It is more than 10 years , so, he advised me to buy a new one.
Now, the inverter works smoothly.
Probably, the defective inverter would have caused the battery damage . Would not?
I do not know about that before a new battery was bought.
what would happen if inverter is at fault and we continue without replacing. The inverter never gave beep sound , to know that it is defective.
How one could check if inverter and battery is working properly.
Moreover I was suggested to buy copper transformer inverter rather than aluminium.
I surfed the net and learnt that though theoretically copper is said to be a good , but aluminum is also cheap and good.
extract: The truth of the matter is that transformers wound with aluminium or copper coils can have similar losses and performance depending on their actual design. Since both aluminium and copper transformers use the same insulation systems and have similar temperature rises, they have similar lifetime ratings. However, in a cost-conscious age, it is aluminium which is proving to be the most admirable option
source:https://www.wilsonpowersolutions.co.uk/copper-vs-aluminium/

Last edited: