interview How to Respond to "Do You Have Any Questions for Me?

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
Hi,

Interviewer asks one question Do You Have Any Questions for Me? So what should we ask ?

can anyone help me with this question. What is a good question to ask?

Thanks a lot

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The way to respond is to ask material questions about areas of your concern and interest that were not covered by the interviewer. It's not a trick. Make a list of things you want to know about the employer and the job, then pay attention, and if they aren't covered, ask.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Last week, applying for a project not a job;
At the end I said I had some answers/questions. I live 10 minutes South, small farm, extended family, hobbies, volunteer at old folks home, ….. He said; Interesting approach. Same age, 10 minutes North, same hobbies, volunteer with children, …… I think we are the same.

The how to get a job books would never suggest doing that.

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
I had a very bad experience while giving interviews The interviewer asked me about the pins of ADC IC which I used in my project. That project I did 7-8 months ago

I said to the interviewer that I cannot tell you about the exact pin numbers of IC because I do not have remember the pin numbers. I I do not remember the each pin number of IC. Because we have many parts and it is very difficult to remember about each of the pins If I need to use any part in project, I read the datasheet and always use the datasheet or manual. I get all the information in the datasheet.

Interviewer told me how can it happen that you worked on a project and you don't know about its pins He said that if he has worked on a project even 15 years ago, he can still tell about the pin of that part.

I wonder how this can happen I just sat down i didn't say anything I thought I really should ask for a part they used in their project. But I did not do it because I thought that ask questions I will insult him because I am giving interview I shouldn't mess with him.

I did not get that job I do not know who is right interviewer or me My question if you have worked on a project before 1 year ago, Do you remember about every pins of part?

bogosort

Joined Sep 24, 2011
If an interviewer asked me to recall the pinout of an IC that I used in a past project, I would interpret it as a joke and perfunctorily chuckle. If they proceeded to indicate they were indeed serious, that the ability to memorize pinouts is a key indicator of success in the job, I would get up, thank them for their time, and walk out the door.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Interviewer asks one question Do You Have Any Questions for Me?
This is an opportunity to impress the interviewer with how much you know about their business.

Interviewer told me how can it happen that you worked on a project and you don't know about its pins He said that if he has worked on a project even 15 years ago, he can still tell about the pin of that part.
That's his problem; filling his mind with unimportant details.

I don't try to remember pinouts unless I use the part frequently enough to make committing that to memory worthwhile. I have a printout showing pinouts for transistors that I commonly use, but don't frequently enough to bother memorizing the pinout.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Einstein said something to the effect of, " Why memorize something you can easily look-up." I would never trust an engineer who did not verify the pinout on a device he/she was using -- particularly if someone's life depended on it. We all know pin 8 is Vcc on a 555 and pin 4 is reset. Right? Both are usually connected to Vdd. Or is it the other way around? I always check.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Your mistake was telling the interviewer that you couldn’t remember the pins. That left you on the defensive.

I would have answered, “Well, we know the IC was a xxxx. So, I would have pulled up its datasheet and made sure I had the correct pins.”

Travm

Joined Aug 16, 2016
If you're going to use a past project as an example of your abilities, be sure to bring with you, in your portfolio, all the details of that project. So when you get asked a difficult question like this you can look it up, and quickly. Time=$$.
Of course you weren't expected to have memorized all the pins. But bring your backup, and know what you're talking about. You failed because you couldn't prove it. If you actually built this project you should have things like the data sheet, schematic, notes, etc. Bring them. Look and be professional, you'll succeed.

Fanfire174

Joined Mar 13, 2018
I have a printout showing pinouts for transistors that I commonly use, but don't frequently enough to bother memorizing the pinout.
If you're going to use a past project as an example of your abilities, be sure to bring with you, in your portfolio, all the details of that project. So when you get asked a difficult question like this you can look it up, and quickly.
Everyone says that it is not necessary to remember the pins of every parts. That's what i wanted to know. I have got the answer of my question Thank you all for helping

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
For me, a wage/salary is just for showing up with my skill set. As an individual I am always seeking opportunities to advance that skill set. I like to query about training, advancement, alternate career paths with that prospective employer. If I am applying for specific tasks, I will often query about departamental integration, available resources, corporate expertise.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
1) Don't beat yourself up if your interview went poorly - you will have more interviews
2) If someone is really upset you didn't memorize every pin on a part you used - and brags about their superior memory for such useless knowledge - that's a gigantic red flag that you don't want to be there!
3) Learn from your mistakes. Don't make the same mistakes at the next interview.
4) Keep applying for jobs that interest you!

Good luck!