Interstellar object enters our solar system

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

Yes it is considered to be real.

If it passed earth close enough to see (which it didnt) it would have passed us in about 7 seconds, that's how fast it is going.

Once it saw earth it realized it was in the wrong place at the wrong time, so quickly shot outa there :)
Seriously it was like someone threw a curve ball at us. I might have to look into what made it change direction so abruptly.

The sad part is that if anything like that comes around again and it does hit earth, it's all over.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Here is a better image. The object didn’t just suddenly make a left turn on its own. It made a hyperbolic path due to passing the sun at a speed in excess of the escape velocity. Pass sun at 55 miles per second and leaves solar system at 16 miles per second. The gravity of the sun accelerated it “towards” the center of our solar system but it was moving too fast to make its path elliptical.

8CA10F62-AD3E-48E9-8904-02606FBF2FBC.jpeg

Last edited:

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Here is a better image. The object didn’t just suddenly make a left turn on its own. It made a hyperbolic path due to passing the sun at a speed in excess of the escape velocity. Pass sun at 55 miles per second and leaves solar system at 16 miles per second. The gravity of the sun accelerated it “towards” the center of our solar system but it was moving too fast to make its path elliptical.

View attachment 138414
Hi,

That picture makes it look like someone or some thing threw something at earth (knowing the effect of the sun on the object) and just missed hitting us :)
Nice pic BTW.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi,

That picture makes it look like someone or some thing threw something at earth (knowing the effect of the sun on the object) and just missed hitting us :)
Nice pic BTW.
It was from a paid news site (NY Times) - difficult to copy article text. Sorry.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Somebody went to a lot of effort to send this to us and we just sat and watched it fly by. :confused:

tranzz4md

Joined Apr 10, 2015
"...been found...." perhaps. I'm sure plenty have passed through, probably nowhere as close to the sun , and since nobody was watching the right spot for those 7 seconds, or less, they've gone "unfound". (but 25km/sec isn't really that fast out in space)

It makes no sense to me that all objects/ planets orbiting our sun do so on an axis so close to ours. I'm certain there are some things yet undiscovered.

Last edited:

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Fake news or not fake, that is only tiny object. BUT in the NASA data storage site I find a dozen pics from Solar Mission (what as always are heavily edited, even so much that Saturn is lost in one frame), where many datums contain a Sun-around area picture with forgotten to edit very strange object near it. Such pictures with that object there I found are hundreds in count. Object stays about 2 o`clock position at roughly 3/4 of Sun diameter afar from Sun corona. The strangest is that object changes it position quite not much, however change slightly. And this is more than large object, around half of Sun size (I mean optical size not a real, because distance is unknown). And this object has very `non-popular` two-wing comet tails shape, looking like eagle with both wings opened. May laugh out loudly if it would stay anywhere else in the internet, but NASA site somehow deserves the trust, so I don`t believe that such object as layer add-on may be made as a bad joke from their webmasters? The most funny is that the object visible shape is just like that found in historic tales about Nibiru. Or contrary, that is the sign that probably have came a best time to buy up a reserves of soap, safety-matches and kerosene before the Doomsday is here??

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
The sad part is that if anything like that comes around again and it does hit earth, it's all over.
Thanks for the reminder. Would that happen before Sunday? I would prefer not to waste time preparing my suitcase if I am not leaving home after all. I could even tell people in Patagonia, not to wait for me. (They will not worry much about anyway...) :)

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Thanks for the reminder. Would that happen before Sunday? I would prefer not to waste time preparing my suitcase if I am not leaving home after all. I could even tell people in Patagonia, not to wait for me. (They will not worry much about anyway...) :)
Hi,

Well i'll have to check with the CFIOTAHTEALLTMKAOU (The Center For Interstellar Objects That Are Heading Toward Earth And Look Like They Might Kill All Of Us) to see if any are due here before this weekend :)

Seriously there is now a group that is responsible for spotting near earth objects that threaten our existence. Strange thing is if they spot one i dont think they have a plan yet to destroy it or throw it off course. It's still in the works i think.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Somebody went to a lot of effort to send this to us and we just sat and watched it fly by. :confused:
Hi,

It's from a planet in another star system where dogs are the high intelligence alpha species and humans are kept on leashes. They threw us a frisbee and expected any dogs in this solar system to catch. Since no dog caught it, it's heading back to them now. There was a message on the frisbee that i think one of the humans wrote on it that read, "pleh esaelp" but i dont know what that means :)

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hi,

It's from a planet in another star system where dogs are the high intelligence alpha species and humans are kept on leashes. They threw us a frisbee and expected any dogs in this solar system to catch. Since no dog caught it, it's heading back to them now. There was a message on the frisbee that i think one of the humans wrote on it that read, "pleh esaelp" but i dont know what that means :)
Woof Woof? (Guau guau in Spanish, trust me). :(

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Seriously there is now a group that is responsible for spotting near earth objects that threaten our existence. Strange thing is if they spot one i dont think they have a plan yet to destroy it or throw it off course. It's still in the works i think.
I understand that the body mentioned in the linked article is much much more dangerous because of its speed than its mass, right?