Interesting grab bags in Maplin (Birmingham)

Thread Starter

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
I got a couple of these which were £2 each. I don't know if other branches are doing the same thing, I think these were the best bags (and there were only 2 exactly the same) but some of the bags looked pretty good too. Lots of the DC-DC converters in different values.
 

Attachments

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
833
I usually stay well clear of Maplins (I've been bitten by their cack attitude a few times), but I might just make an exception.

Thanks for the heads up. :)
 

Thread Starter

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
I was messing about with the capacitor and the little green LED last night, and just noticed it was still glowing. Turns out it's a KINGBRIGHT - L-7104VGC-Z - LED, 3MM, 9000MCD, GREEN, CLEAR. I thought that was a bit odd so did a couple of measurements. The LED forward voltage is 2.17V and the current is around 500nA (0.3mV across the 560 ohm resistor - my meter only goes down to tenths of a millivolt so that's approximate). So the LED power is around 1μW.
 

Attachments

Top