interested to know how this might work - location tracking

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
They say it works globally, and they also say "long-range". Putting my marketing BS filter on, I'm guessing this means it will work anywhere in the world, as long as both people are within whatever the working range is. I don't see any way possible for it to actually work "globally", as in I'm standing in my yard in the USA and my buddy is standing in his yard in Shenzhen China, without some type of network or satellite connection. They also say "clear sky" which makes me think higher frequencies. Maybe they're using a LoRa radio or something, and multiple antennas for triangulation? If the devices have a realtime processor and the response time to a ping is fixed and known, then they can estimate distance by the time required for a ping to be answered. I'm just guessing...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
They say it works globally, and they also say "long-range". Putting my marketing BS filter on, I'm guessing this means it will work anywhere in the world, as long as both people are within whatever the working range is..
It says right on that page that the range is up to 3 miles.
I don't see any way possible for it to actually work "globally"...
That just refers to the GPS aspect of it.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Ah i missed the range. It must have a compass too to tell direction. Reading farther it mentions gps too, guess i should have read more. ;)