instrumental amplifiers

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
The LM741 is a general purpose operational amplifier. Yes it can be used to operate as a current source - either by itself or driving a higher current capacity transistor. What do you have in mind - your question is rather general?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I guess this is related to your NiMH Battery Charger school project here http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=28322
I suggest you Google the phrase "constant current source" Then you find a design you feel you can understand. Post this design and related questions. If you put in some effort by yourself you will get a lot of help in this forum. But now it seams more or less that you will have it it all without putting in some effort yourself.

tibbles

Joined Jun 27, 2008
to6afre
ive followed this chaps project with interest, his problem seems to be he has little or no access to the componants he needs,
despite being asked several times, he has so far not told us what componants are available to him if any,if all he has is a couple of 741s he could be struggling,
regards
dougal

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
to6afre
ive followed this chaps project with interest, his problem seems to be he has little or no access to the componants he needs,
despite being asked several times, he has so far not told us what componants are available to him if any,if all he has is a couple of 741s he could be struggling,
regards
dougal
If we shall belive Wheetnee public profile, is Wheetnee a she;) And the problem with Wheetnee is that she does not follow up then people are trying to help. Many people have asked for more information like the project description from her professor. It has also been total silence regarding which component she and her group may use. All we know is that she have access to a AD (DA?) board and some 741 circuits. I have also followed this project. And to be honest given some more information I could whip up a circuit or give some very good pointers to a circuit very quick. But Wheetnee has chosen not to give us more information, and that is her call.

Last edited: