Installing Guitar Pedal Into A Stratocaster Guitar

IiIPICOIiI

Joined Apr 14, 2021
Helloooo!!! :D
I have put together a simple Bazz Fuss guitar pedal that required a; single transistor, diode, resistor, a film capacitor and a polarized capacitor.
I have attempted and experimented with connecting it into the guitar, and the results showed the pedal does work.
However, the catch...

When the pedal was all hooked up, it would play the effect but only one pickup would produce the fuzz sound, if any sound at all.
(Hope that makes sense)
Anyways my aim is to have a single potentiometer that will control the pedal effect.
(I want to get rid of the input and output connections and have everything connected internally into the guitar)

Here is the Stratocaster wiring:

Fender Stratocaster Wiring.png

Here is the pedal schematic:

Bazz fuss.png
If anyone can help me out that would be sick!! :D
Thanks again

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Maybe, just maybe, only one pickup produces a signal big enough to activate the fuzz effect.
What value are the two capacitors?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I created an LTspice simulation of this circuit. The picture below shows the output for a 500Hz sine wave input at an input amplitude of 0,1mV (green), 1mV (blue), 10mV (red), 100mV (cyan).
1618399501098.png

IiIPICOIiI

Joined Apr 14, 2021
Thanks for the quick reply guys,
The film capacitor is: 100nf
The polorized capacitor is: 2.2uf

Also, I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to this, so I'm not all so familiar with the simulation meanings.
Thanks

IiIPICOIiI

Joined Apr 14, 2021
So, do you think it might be the value of the capacitors, or does it depend on what potentiometer I wire it too.
I Know the two tone potentiometers are 500ohm.

jlm1948

Joined May 19, 2014
Do you mean there is only one p/u that fuzzes, and the others are clean, or is it just one p/u that produces sound?
Tone pots are probably 500k, although most Strats have 250k tone pots.

mictester

Joined Aug 5, 2018
The problem with the Bazz Fuss circuit is that it needs a lot of level to make it work. A slightly more complicated - and MUCH better circuit is the "Fuzz Face". It's just two transistors, four resistors, and a couple of capacitors. I've built lots of these over the years and they've always worked perfectly when installed into a Strat. You might want to either set the "Fuzz" control to full on, or possibly about halfway up - use a preset resistor and adjust to taste!

IiIPICOIiI

Joined Apr 14, 2021
The problem with the Bazz Fuss circuit is that it needs a lot of level to make it work. A slightly more complicated - and MUCH better circuit is the "Fuzz Face". It's just two transistors, four resistors, and a couple of capacitors. I've built lots of these over the years and they've always worked perfectly when installed into a Strat. You might want to either set the "Fuzz" control to full on, or possibly about halfway up - use a preset resistor and adjust to taste!
Really appreciate that mictester, ill look that up.
Thats really cool though. So you have connected it internally into your guitars? could you send me pictures.
Ive always wanted to do this for ages.