inner layer vias connection on main PCB

Ali Mujtaba 1

Joined Apr 20, 2016
Hi,
I have PCBs of my planar tranformer. Vias on the secondary are connected in between the Inner layers. Now i want to connect them altogether first then later on the main PCB.
Please have a look on the pictureIMG_0690.JPG

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I am not sure what you are acutally suggesting, or asking for that matter, but I would use normal pin headers to connect the pcbs together.

Ali Mujtaba 1

Joined Apr 20, 2016
I am not sure what you are acutally suggesting, or asking for that matter, but I would use normal pin headers to connect the pcbs together.
Yeah i tried with normal pin headers but i couldn't get output as these vias are in the inner layers i.e layer 2 and layer 3. so there is no copper connection on top and bottom layers for these vias

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I still don´t understand. You got buried vias somewhere in the pcb and want to get access to them? Please explain in more detail what the problem is.

Ali Mujtaba 1

Joined Apr 20, 2016
I still don´t understand. You got buried vias somewhere in the pcb and want to get access to them? Please explain in more detail what the problem is.
Yeah i have buried these vias inside the PCB and could you please tell me how to connect these 3 PCBs together. thanks :)

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
If you have buried vias a need to connect to them you would need to somehow drill or mill the pcb to get access to that layer.
Again, if you could be a LOT more specific the discussion would be much more fruitful. I still have doubts about what you are actually trying to do.

Ali Mujtaba 1

Joined Apr 20, 2016
If you have buried vias a need to connect to them you would need to somehow drill or mill the pcb to get access to that layer.
Again, if you could be a LOT more specific the discussion would be much more fruitful. I still have doubts about what you are actually trying to do.
I am sorry if i couldn't explain it in well manner but please have a look on the screen shot of the PCB layout. here you can see that these VIAS are between layer2 and layer3, i have three PCBs like that and I simply want to connect these three PCBs with each other like a stack and i tried it with 2mm board to board Header as unfortunately i don't have copper on the top-bootom layers. there is no copper to connect these PCBs so I couldn't able to connect them with on main PCB.

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
You could try using a solder paste and stuff it into the hole, then heat using hot air. Or maybe you could thread through the hole a piece of stranded wire, then put a glob of solder on one end, heat it hot and pull it back through the hole. That might get you contact.