Infra Red Trasnmitter help

stevy123

Joined Nov 19, 2007
Hi All

I know this is probally a very simple problem but i am having a few difficulties wiring up my circuit on breadboard -diagram attached. The pin out of the IRLZ34n is 1. gate 2 drain 3 source. I am trying to pulse the fet to give an output at the led but am unsure. I have a power supply signal generator and osciloscope. If anyone could tell me what way to wire it up it would be great.

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The 10K resistor to ground in the gate lead is good insurance. Another resistor of around 100 ohms in the gate lead in series with the drive signal is another good idea.

Most of the print is too small to really make out, so I can't tell if that is the source to ground and the drain to the LED.

stevy123

Joined Nov 19, 2007
Hi Thanks for the reply, i have attached a better picture of teh circuit diagram now. It would eb great if you could tell me what i should connect to the source drain and gate.

Attachments

stevy123

Joined Nov 19, 2007
opps forgot to edit that diagram there is a 100ohm resistor in line with the diode and its being ran from a 5v source. Any help greatly appricated

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The schematic representation of the FET is not standard - it is impossible to tell source from drain. And do you mean some diode other than the LED?

stevy123

Joined Nov 19, 2007
Hi Thanks again for your reply.

In your opinion what way would you connect the circuit to make it function properly? No the only output i want to drive is the od50 led.