Infor for Ohms Law and Ohms Help!

Joey_pr

Joined Nov 5, 2007
Hi my Name is Joey from Puerto Rico and i am taking a plasmas thecnical training and i need to know byThursday a good information for OHms LAW AND OHMS!!! they going to ask me and i need the right answer before thurday please help

my msn messenger is joeguito@hotmail.com hope some ne can gve me answer for 2 questions but a nice infor that i can explain right. Thanks!

jpitz31

Joined Oct 24, 2007
Hello

You should post homework questions in the Homework help forum. Also please post your questions when you submit your original post so everyone can assist you.

Thanks

Joe

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
George Simon Ohm was the son of a locksmith. He was more interested in partying than studying while he was at college. Nonetheless, he obtained a doctorate in mathematics. He was a school teacher in Germany around the early 19th century. He didn't make a lot of money teaching. He could not afford decent equipment for his experiments, and had to do a lot of borrowing of what his school had on hand.

Nonetheless, with his primitive tools, he did good work. He was a stickler for accuracy. He drew his own wire to impressively accurate dimensions. He was quite precise in every detail of his experiments.

He observed the relationship between current, voltage, and resistance to be E=I*R. He was, of course, ridiculed by his contemporaries. After all, he was an amateur experimenting with sub-standard gear. What could he possibly discover? His long-winded mathematical proofs were obviously smoke-and-mirrors, yes? (Didn't help that non-mathematical methods were the vogue at the time...)

It was not until decades after his discovery that he and his theories were accepted by the scientific community.

All he ever really wanted was to be a professor at a prestigious university. He didn't get that until he was in his fifties.

The Greek letter "omega" is used instead of the letter "O," because it was thought that "O" would too easily be misinterpreted as "zero." Poor George!!:(

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi my Name is Joey from Puerto Rico and i am taking a plasmas thecnical training and i need to know byThursday a good information for OHms LAW AND OHMS!!! they going to ask me and i need the right answer before thurday please help

my msn messenger is joeguito@hotmail.com hope some ne can gve me answer for 2 questions but a nice infor that i can explain right. Thanks!
From our very own e-book: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_2/index.html

Enjoy!

Dave