inexpensive DC-DC buck boost converters

BobY@19

Joined Mar 1, 2019
Those inexpensive DC-Dc buck boost converter all in one with led screen. Considering using one. If I input 12V and the convrter set to max, what can I expect in voltage on output generally? I do have one thats all exposed but needs more wires than I care for, that one can take 12v up to 29.9V

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
If I input 12V and the convrter set to max, what can I expect in voltage on output generally?
"output voltage range is DC 0.5-30V, can be arbitrary adjustable"
So, you can expect 30V.
1611779936016.png
ADDED:
Does not matter what is your IN voltage in range 5.5-30V,
your max OUT voltage always will 30V.

Last edited:

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
The spec sheet in the posting you listed states that the input is 5.0 to 30V and the output is 0.5 to 30V, so what is your question?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
For the device shown in post #2 has adjustments labeled CC and CV. usually that means constant current and constant voltage , and if that is the case then the output voltage will be whatever you set it to. That is the whole concept of a switchin voltage regulator of this type.
But no matter what, you can not get more power out than is put in. If the suply is 10 volts and the input current is 300mA, IF THE OUTPUT IS SET TO 30 VOLTS you will not get even 100mA output current.

Last edited:

BobY@19

Joined Mar 1, 2019
So in other words if I input 10V I'll get 30V output All I wanted to know was to confirm I would get somewhere close to 30V (be it 28V or 29.9V). My question could be asked, "I thought input voltage would dictate output voltage. I have since purchased voltage converter above. On this website ( DIY Bench Power Supply – CreativeSolutions ) down at bottom at questions area. Someone mentioned grounding DATA+ and DATA-. My question to them, which hasnt been answered yet is, "is that grounded to one another OR to ground(-) on the USB jacks?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
NEITHER Data+ nor Data- should be grounded!
And, in response to the second question, the output voltage can be whatever you adjust it to, but the output POWER, (volts times Amps) will always be less than the input power. The difference is lost as heat, mostly.

Last edited:

BobY@19

Joined Mar 1, 2019
these USB jacks are just for charging phones or what ever else needs 5V to charge. No data transfer. So does this still hold true?