Indicator light circuit

LlanoLonghorn

Joined Dec 15, 2020
I would like to have an indicator light on when both switches are in the same position. The 12vdc supply is not always there. A second power source is ok. I’m just not sure how to design this circuit.

Thanks for any help.light.jpg

LlanoLonghorn

Joined Dec 15, 2020
Please read the requirement request.
" I would like to have an indicator light on when both switches are in the same position. The 12vdc supply is not always there. A second power source is ok. I’m just not sure how to design this circuit. "

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
If you need two switches - that's OK. But if you can get away with a single switch then there's a better way.

Do you want the indicator light to be on at all times regardless of the presence of 12 volts? If so, what kind of power supply is acceptable? Battery? Wall Wart? Power supply?

There are a number of approaches. The drawing you provided will indicate when power is flowing THROUGH the light and will limit the current to the load. Is that what you're intending? Because if both switches are in the down position then the indicator light will be off but the load will still be powered when 12V is present.

LlanoLonghorn

Joined Dec 15, 2020
If you need two switches - that's OK. But if you can get away with a single switch then there's a better way.
Yes I need both switches, one is wi-fi operated and the other is in a remote location
Do you want the indicator light to be on at all times regardless of the presence of 12 volts? If so, what kind of power supply is acceptable? Battery? Wall Wart? Power supply?
Yes I want the light to be on when ever both switches are in the same position even if the 12vdc power is off. The power for the light can be anything.
There are a number of approaches. The drawing you provided will indicate when power is flowing THROUGH the light and will limit the current to the load. Is that what you're intending? Because if both switches are in the down position then the indicator light will be off but the load will still be powered when 12V is present.
The circuit for the light is only symbolic it can be wired anyway necessary to have the light on when both switches are in the same position. You may want to rethink your last sentence.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Where do you intend to get power for the Indicator Light when "the 12vdc is not always there" ?????
Indicator Lights require Power.
Why is the Power "not always there" ?,
Why are you using 2 Switches ?,
What do the Switches Control ?,
Is this an Automotive application ?,
Are the Switches near each other /, or in different locations ?,
Is an Electronic Switch too complicated for the application ?,Push Button 1 Flat .png

LlanoLonghorn

Joined Dec 15, 2020
OK here is my home alarm system. It works just great now that I have a ARM indicator LED light. At night I can arm using a standard 3way wall switch and if leaving for the day I can Arm using ALEXA from the car in the driveway also with a second LED indicator outside.
Thanks for all the help and ideas.alarm system.jpg