indicate where should be NPN and PNP transistors?

mrTalos

Joined Nov 1, 2016
Hi everyone. Please help me to understand this problem. I have attached the problem itself and my version of solution. I think I made some mistakes, maybe not. I could not draw output signals for current. I will be glad and thankful if someone will show me the right way of solving this.
IMG_5543-20-04-17-08-08.png

IMG_5544-20-04-17-08-10.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Check your work and you should be able to determine whether you made any mistakes.

Regarding current waveforms. What is the relationship between voltage across a resistor and the current through it?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I think the current will have the same waveform as the voltage?
What is the relationship between the voltage across a resistor and the current through it?

We don't give answer in this forum. You'll learn more if we help you reason it out.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Let's try a different approach...

For the NPN transistor. What is the current in the resistor when the collector is at 0V? What is it when the collector is at VCC?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Current will have the less amplitude than voltage, right? I
This is like saying that a person's height will be less than their weight or that a car's speed will be less than the gas it consumes. It's nonsensical.

What is the relationship between voltage and current in a resistor?

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
The two drawings are the same but drawn differently. The question is badly written as it does not say if a common emitter configuration or an emitter follower configuration is required. So there can be more than one correct answer.

Les.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
That's the point I was hoping the TS would realize by trying to describe the differences - they would discover that there isn't any. So putting an NPN in one and a PNP in the other makes no sense -- unless, of course, there can be more than one reasonable answer.