Increasing Voltage In a Piezo Driven Circuit

haydenlyle12

Joined Sep 16, 2015
Hello,

First I would just like to say I am extremely new to circuits and electrical engineering in general. I have a very basic understanding and thats it although I am very eager to learn. With that being said I would like to introduce my problem. I have 4 Piezo Film elements wired together in series connected to a Bridge Diode or rectifier, whatever you want to call it. It produces very low voltage, around .3V-.4V and my problem is I want to use a boost converter to boost the voltage to 5.1V but the minimum input voltage for the boost converter is .7V. is there any way I can increase the voltage coming from the piezos to atleast .7V? I have read up on Joule thiefs and Voltage Mutiplier circuits but am unsure of their Viability. I am sorry if I have made any of this confusing and will answer any questions to the best of my ability. Thank you and I look forward to your responses

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Attach your circuit, take the photo for the piezo and links the datasheet, before your upload the files, please compress the circuit as 800*600 *.gif, and the photos as *.jpg.