In what ways can I transfer binary digits wirelessly

jhave_21

Joined Sep 14, 2017
hi, I just wanna ask if how can I transmit and receive binary digits wirelessly?
Is there some type of modulation I could use?
I saw this ASK modulation technique, but not quite sure how to use it in my application.
I wanna transmit digital data from my arduino and found some tutorial online, they're using cheap rf modules but the range doesn't face what I want, I would like to transfer it in 5km. maximum. Can anyone please give me some links where I could learn how to build ( and also I could understand the circuit I'm building ) own 5km. tranceivers , or any tutorial will do,

sorry for the trouble guys, but thanks in advance..

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I don't know where you are in the world but there are generally rules (and possibly licences required) about what frequencies, power, and uses for RF transmission. First, you need to understand the rules for your location.

jhave_21

Joined Sep 14, 2017
sorry man,
just need to know if it is possible?
is it?
please man.
just can't figure out myself. I've been sitting in my laptop for 4 hours but still hasn't figured it out.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
sorry man,
just need to know if it is possible?
is it?
please man.
just can't figure out myself. I've been sitting in my laptop for 4 hours but still hasn't figured it out.
Lol

How about buy a set of 5km walkie talkies and play a binary tune into one of them. I don't know the rules about this but I figure if you leave the walkie talkies as-is (no mods to make it do something it isn't supposed to do) it would be ok.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
It is most certainly possible but to get 5km range means that everyone within 5km may have equipment which would be affected by your transmission therefore, in each jurisdiction, there are rules about power and frequencies. What those rules are as they apply to you depends on where you are.
Which country would this transmitter be in?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Yes it is possible......but it will depend on the geography and your country's regulations. The regulations are of concern to us.

Do you have a line of site between the locations?

jhave_21

Joined Sep 14, 2017
well I came from Philippines and I got a pretty good line of site about my location, I don't know about the regulations, it's pretty quite here in our part of town, I don't think I'll get imprisoned here it's way too boring that's why I got this hobby, the people doesn't care much. sorry I can't give you the pic. of my location my laptop has no camera and it's almost a month since I got no cellphone.

Please I just really need something, could you show me some links, tutorial, or do you have anything?
5km. tops, could send Binary digits from my arduino. please...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I read somewhere at sometime in the past that regulations are a bit looser for high-gain low-power point-to-point directional antennas, at least at particular frequencies. True or false?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
See if something like this might suit you. There are many more details that should be considered for your project.

But....you want something fast. Check out this link......it's from a simple google search. There is a TX link and a RX link. Do you believe you could build these? If you have room for......and if you know about antennas....these might work for you.

And you might need more power. That's a quick answer.

http://www.pcbheaven.com/opendir/index.php?show=7471uk8807mj49773b5d

jhave_21

Joined Sep 14, 2017
hey man thanks for the link, but about it can it transfer digital signal( binary digits ).

"And you might need more power. That's a quick answer."
and about this do you mean I will need to add more watts?
I think I need to modify the antenna right?

jhave_21

Joined Sep 14, 2017
and I just noticed, this tutorial is good but I need some transceivers. I saw these nRF24L01, it's a transceiver but has only a short range, any suggestions how could I modify it to reach my aim range?
if it takes me to change the circuit, just for the transmitter to transmit it to the said range. Is it possible?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
All kinds of things are possible. There are many options. A textbook full of options.
It all depends on the details.

Your best bet is to buy off the shelf data radios. The power and frequency will depend on signal path and installation environment, such as area for antenna structures and feed-line length.