In process of self-repairing...

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
o_O Hi. Never seen it before, never heard of it, never expected to heal but it is slowly happening. A flaw appeared on the LCD of my laptop about a year ago probably by something hitting the screen.

1651239004511.png

That cluster of dead pixels was ten times bigger plus grew a horizontal line a pixel wide all the way across the display in the following months. Self-reversed the progress; It is almost gone now. And I thought Murphy lived with me... Seems went on vacation !

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
o_O Hi. Never seen it before, never heard of it, never expected to heal but it is slowly happening. A flaw appeared on the LCD of my laptop about a year ago probably by something hitting the screen.

View attachment 266101

That cluster of dead pixels was ten times bigger plus grew a horizontal line a pixel wide all the way across the display in the following months. Self-reversed the progress; It is almost gone now. And I thought Murphy lived with me... Seems went on vacation !

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Two weeks after the original post #1 above :oops:

1652390123229.png

Today's magnified photograph; it is curing itself. Less flaw lines and shrinking. :oops: I have no explanation. Hope to post a third image in a few weeks.

The cursor arrow points to it , This is not a screen grab, it is a photograph of this post being composed.
1652390861976.png

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Two weeks after the original post #1 above :oops:

View attachment 267056

Today's magnified photograph; it is curing itself. Less flaw lines and shrinking. :oops: I have no explanation. Hope to post a third image in a few weeks.

The cursor arrow points to it , This is not a screen grab, it is a photograph of this post being composed.
View attachment 267057
Hope so or it could be one last burst of energy before going completely bad.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
It is the LIQUID crystal material leaking out. It will slowly get worse and worse.
I just dinged my laptop screen two weeks ago. I found a replacement display for $70 on Amazon. A replacement effort takes about 10-15 minutes if you have small Phillips screwdrivers and a sharp knife and patience. The sharp knife is for cutting the tape holding the connector on the microfine wire bundle to the connector on the display.

my discount LCD was backlit and has one mis-binned LED on the backlight array. It is slightly more yellow than the rest of the backlights but acceptable.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Today... no more pixel flaws, the display healed itself. Faded much faster these last days :oops:
Pointless to take a picture, no flaws to see :)