Image drawing Complex analysis

naickej4

Joined Jul 12, 2015
Hi All,
Please can you help me with my assignment question. I tried my best to answer the question but I am really struggling. Please find the attached answer and the question below.
thank you.

upload_2016-6-21_20-31-58.png

Attachments

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi Sir. Yes it is my work but i wanted to know how to derive the image.
Thanks.

Hello again,

Didnt you see the post in the Math section? I posted it for you and we got several replies already that make sense. Also, the graph you have in that pdf does not look right because we all came up with something that looks like a cardioid (but probably isnt really) and it crosses the imaginary axis, not all on the left of that axis. Because two of us got the same curve (and a third in the working but we'll wait for that one) and it is not that one, you might want to say how you got that entire curve. We know that u=-1 and v=0 is one solution, one point, but there are other points to the right of zero too so u can be both positive or negative or even zero.
Take a look at that Math section and see if it helps.

naickej4

Joined Jul 12, 2015
Hi Mr AI, yes Sir. I found it and I think Wbahn idea is very good. Sorry for the inconvenience if I caused you from this post.
Thanks a million.

Last edited:

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello again,

Was this really a homework question? I thought you were just trying to get better in this subject area.

But anyway, you did, after all, render your own very well worked problem already so that's not too bad.

For future reference, we always ask that the user post their own worked problem before we give any advice because this helps us understand the problem better and what the solution form should be. You've done that already so i dont see any problem.