I'm trying to make my own simulator cockpit

Pedro Perobelli Soncim

Joined Sep 16, 2019
So, i got into eletronics recently and I'm trying to make my own simulator cockpit, as I'm poor and can't buy one. I heven't got the chance to get too deep into a lot, so i am just worried about the Z toggle switch wiring, as most of what I learned so far was more general.
Here is the "schematic" I'm following.

What is buging me, as ridiculous as it may sound, is the way the cables are conected. I believe that the way the person did this is not helping much too.

The switch I'm using is similar to this one, whith a more obvious ground pin and green button(if it matters)

First I don't even know if this switch will do, and second, as I understood from the schematics, it looks like the ground wire is not conected to the ground pin, as the only free is the brown one.

I would like to know just if the wiring is just like I think it is, if I should connect just like it says or if there is going to be any complications if anything is wrong. All of this because I'm afraid of screwing something and wasting money.

Thanks for any help and sorry if this is confusing or anything, been sometime since I dont actively use english, so...

Also, I searched a lot, couldn't find much, at least not enough to feel safe and start. So I decided to ask for help here ^^

Mods note:
Please post the title to your question, and don't post the title as Stupid question from a noob... again, thank you.

Last edited:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Pedro,
Welcome to AAC.
The switches in the first diagram are micro switches, operated by the lever on the switch.
When the lever is pressed the switch changes over, when the lever pressure is removed, the switch automatically switches back to its original state.
The switch in your second diagram is a toggle change switch, which needs to be manually pressed to change over the contacts, it not suitable.

E

Pedro Perobelli Soncim

Joined Sep 16, 2019
hi Pedro,
Welcome to AAC.
The switches in the first diagram are micro switches, operated by the lever on the switch.
When the lever is pressed the switch changes over, when the lever pressure is removed, the switch automatically switches back to its original state.
The switch in your second diagram is a toggle change switch, which needs to be manually pressed to change over the contacts, it not suitable.

E
Hi. First thanks for the welcome and the help. This helped a lot and it is making a lot more sense in my head now ^^. So I guess I'll go find the right switch.

I'm really into this project and will post updates and such soon for more tips.

Thanks again.

Pedro Perobelli Soncim

Joined Sep 16, 2019
Helo again ^^. So, i found a switch that looks like it would work in a friend's old hair dryer.

Here it is

As far as I understood it works in the same way with one less output, and I only need 2 pins, so...