I'm having trouble identifying a fuse.

OG Style

Joined Aug 18, 2017
The fuse is out of a car stereo and the service manual only says that it is a 1 amp fuse. Can anyone help me figure out anything about it? The measurements is off a little because there is solder still on the fuse.

Thanks

Attachments

OG Style

Joined Aug 18, 2017
Yes. That was the only thing I could find with the part number. I doubt that they will get anymore in. I'm going to need to try to find another replacement but I can figure out the rest of the specs.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
Hows your soldering?

Try replacing it with a 20mm 1A glass fuse. Solder wire either end, insulate it with tape and solder it into position. Worth a try?

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
I think it is from the Nano or Nano2 series by Littelfuse. There are both time delay and very fast acting types in the series, so ident will still be a problem. Something in the datasheets may help distinguish which type by appearance.

OG Style

Joined Aug 18, 2017
I should be able to solder a glass fuse in. I've looked at the nano fuse specs and the sizes appear to match. Does it matter what voltage nano fuse I use?

OG Style

Joined Aug 18, 2017
I looked at both the Nano and Nano2. This looks line a regular Nano. The markings are different on a Nano2. Would a glass fuse offer the same protection?