Identify this chip?

Ben_C

Joined Oct 19, 2010
Hi I'm working on a unit and need help identifying a chip which controls LED's or turn the unit on so the LED's function, without this chip the unit doesn't work! Its pretty impossible to source schematics as the manufacturer will not supply! It's the 6 pin chip from what I can see it either says 207c or 2070? :s

Please help!

:D

Attachments

faley

Joined Aug 30, 2014
Tough one Ben C. May I suggest that you provide more data- manufacturer, model number, board number and nomenclature (What is it a part of?). The number is likely to be abbreviated, meaning it's OEM proprietary and there's more required for identification. This info will help those who may be able to help you. Just a suggestion.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A large number of 6 pin IC's are OptoIsolators, may be a little reverse engineering may point to it, especially if it communicates with the outside world.
Is it 207 or Z07?
Max.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
I wish that manufactureres would get together on standard marking. we have a 6 pin chip here marked LTLP that turnes out to be an LTC1779 boost buck regulator. I know theres not much room to mark them, but there should be a standard.

Ben_C

Joined Oct 19, 2010
Thanks for the response guys! :) I totally agree cliff. The unit is a Native Instruments Traktor Audio 10, basically converts analogue to digital for control via USB. The unit just will not show in device manager or even show sign that it has been connected both on the unit and PC. This chip is located close to the USB connector and has been damaged so will need replacing. If we cant identify the only option is to send it to Native Instruments where their top secrets are known.
Regards,
Ben.