Identify motor control board burned element

minnwei123

Joined Feb 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a Trimline treadmill T345.1 with the motor control board QQ-2197. It displays "L5" error code when power. I found there are two components on the motor control board are black out. I want to replace it but I am not able to find it by google. I can only see MPV 5W R01JX on one of the component.

I have two questions:
1. Does the the blackish element showed in the picture mean its burned out?
2. Could you identify the element type and where can I purchase them?

20170210_161851.jpg

Attachments

Hi,

I am familiar with this exact resistor as we rebuild these controllers. It is normal for this particular resistor to have a dark appearance, even cracked. All that is inside is a stamped piece of metal and the green epoxy coating simply insulates it. It is not a PTC type of device. Just a simple very low resistance resistor (.01 ohms) to minimize inrush current to protect the power transistor in this application. The green epoxy coating is the same material used on green dipped foil capacitors and discolors almost immediately upon first use. As long as you show near zero ohms resistance, the resistor is fine.

Last edited:

minnwei123

Joined Feb 11, 2017
Thanks for your detailed explanation. I think you are right the resistor looks bad but it works correctly. From the appearance, it's the only component looks bad on the controller. Since it's not the problem then I really have no clue where to start diagnosing the problem. I would be very appreciated if you can kindly point me how to start diagnosing the problem or information on where to rebuild it.