IC development and design

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyHarglesis

Joined Apr 25, 2013
I can incorporate a clean room myself, that's not a problem at all, but I mean what kind of machinery would be necessary to implant electronic circuits that are micrometers in size.

Nothing is impossible.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You can fabricate a pn diode in a research lab.

Trying to create more than that is a tad more difficult. I prefer to pay 50c at the local electronics store.

AndyHarglesis

Joined Apr 25, 2013
No, I need to make a microprocessor from a silicon crystal from absolute scratch(i.e., no FPGA, pre-made wafers, etc.).

I decided to make this very simply, but a goal for me while I continue my engineering tutorials and programming.

Does anyone know where or how I can extract silicon from sand?

I have some in my backyard mixed with dirt, and I want to know if I can extract silicon chemicals from it to make a silicon crystal.

MY goal is that since I have social anxiety disorder I can make a lot of money by designing and developing an 8/16-bit game console and marketing it on Ebay as a programmer's tinkering tool, and engineering one as well.

I want to load it with firmware for an embedded system, and it will run programs stored from ROM.

The only problem is that I don't know how to micro-implant electronic circuits, diodes, resistors, transistors, etc.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I can incorporate a clean room myself, that's not a problem at all, but I mean what kind of machinery would be necessary to implant electronic circuits that are micrometers in size.

Nothing is impossible.
No, not impossible, improbable...

A clean room is not the OR idea of clean, we are talking ultra-clean, no dust, no moisture, nothing in the air.
If you still think you can even make the clean room, how much of a budget have you got!? If you need to burn through some cash quick, I could think of some people that might be able to help...

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
No, I need to make a microprocessor from a silicon crystal from absolute scratch(i.e., no FPGA, pre-made wafers, etc.).

I decided to make this very simply, but a goal for me while I continue my engineering tutorials and programming.

Does anyone know where or how I can extract silicon from sand?

I have some in my backyard mixed with dirt, and I want to know if I can extract silicon chemicals from it to make a silicon crystal.
Okay, you must be trolling...

Not even IC production companies create the wafers, as far as I'm aware...

AndyHarglesis

Joined Apr 25, 2013
What do you got?

I know what a clean room is, and I know some people who can help me facilitate one for free.

The problem is the money involved in micro-implanting electronic components on chips, and I have no idea how it's done, and nothing aside from Wikipedia really gives insight.

I can swear on my social anxiety and dead mother that I am not trolling, I really want to go through with this and be feel worthy of something and liked by people.

But I NEED to do this from scratch because I have social anxiety.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
What do you got?

I know what a clean room is, and I know some people who can help me facilitate one for free.

The problem is the money involved in micro-implanting electronic components on chips, and I have no idea how it's done, and nothing aside from Wikipedia really gives insight.

I can swear on my social anxiety and dead mother that I am not trolling, I really want to go through with this and be feel worthy of something and liked by people.

But I NEED to do this from scratch because I have social anxiety.
In the event you aren't a Gatsby, you would need to grow an ultra-pure, silicon crystal, cut it with a thickness on the order of micrometers, properly dope it according to the design, re dope it, attach contracts, package and test the device....ask costing lots of money.

I'd suggest making friends by other means...

AndyHarglesis

Joined Apr 25, 2013
I have social anxiety disorder, can you witness my prior texts?

I need to make a living without an extension of social contacts outside the basically none I have, aside from family members maybe.

Please think about how others feel, and the manners that prevent others from being unlike you and your social abilities as a human.

Since I have computer programming experience I am closer than the average person to getting this done, so I need to know if anyone here can possibly help me design a heat furnace that can reach 2,000 degrees fahrenheit, all necessary tools, etc. All from scratch due to my very low budget I don't even make minimum wage now.

Since it is possible to build the tools to do this free to some extent, I figure I can design my own clean room, heating furnace, extract silicon, make a crystal, micro-implant, etc.

Can you help a follow human out?

AndyHarglesis

Joined Apr 25, 2013
that book is a fraud; no such one exists.

you just wasted space on the server's disk drive to post that fake image.

Do you feel good about that?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I have social anxiety disorder, can you witness my prior texts?

I need to make a living without an extension of social contacts outside the basically none I have, aside from family members maybe.

Please think about how others feel, and the manners that prevent others from being unlike you and your social abilities as a human.

Since I have computer programming experience I am closer than the average person to getting this done, so I need to know if anyone here can possibly help me design a heat furnace that can reach 2,000 degrees fahrenheit, all necessary tools, etc. All from scratch due to my very low budget I don't even make minimum wage now.

Since it is possible to build the tools to do this free to some extent, I figure I can design my own clean room, heating furnace, extract silicon, make a crystal, micro-implant, etc.

Can you help a follow human out?
Social contacts? You are on a forum of engineers and techs, we are here because we have social issues!:)

With the budget of $0 and seemingly no grasp of the concept, it cannot be done.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The process you need to learn is called photolithography. A copy of Mead and Conway (1972) will give you some insight into how transistors are laid down on a wafer. When I was much younger the cost of building a 2 micron wafer fab was on the order of 2 Billion, with a B, dollars. Let us know of your progress.

The chemicals you need for vapor deposition(doping), and etching are extremely hazardous. A whiff will kill you deader than a doornail almost instantly. This is way more dangerous than a Meth Lab. I doubt you could even acquire the stuff without triggering a visit from homeland security, but by all means go for it and we'll nominate you for a Darwin Award.

Last edited:

AndyHarglesis

Joined Apr 25, 2013
I found it wasteful, not entertaining.

I didn't even raise a cheek looking at that bitmapped image in my browser's memory, from the server you just added (wasted) thousands of bytes to on its' storage drive.

I will not even care for homeland security or the police visiting me, as, because of now, they probably might come looking for me anyways, so it's not screeching any boundaries of trouble for my situation.

Now where do I get the chemicals for the doping, and what is the safest way to obtain them without inhaling the contents?

Status
Not open for further replies.