Embedded GUI Design and Development

@vajra

Joined May 2, 2018
I'm looking for information to create GUI on ARM-based micro-controllers. GUI should includes windows, icons, buttons, menus Graph chart etc.

Could someone point me to something that could help me to develop GUI for embedded systems?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Why re-invent the wheel? There are a number of window managers for ARM microcontrollers running Linux.

If you want a stripped down GUI to save resources, the source code is available.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I'm looking for information to create GUI on ARM-based micro-controllers. GUI should includes windows, icons, buttons, menus Graph chart etc.

Could someone point me to something that could help me to develop GUI for embedded systems?
If you know what you're doing, a GUI can be written incredibly easily, elegantly, and with little code. I've done it frequently for embedded. And what you write can be far smaller, more capable, and more robust than what anybody else is providing because you control it, and it can be tailored to your needs.

However, there is a *lot* to know if you want to do it from scratch. Bitmaps, pixmaps, memory, indexed-color, color spaces, hit-testing, layering, ordering, queues, etc. If you don't have a solid understanding of structures, unions, pointers, and working with memory (raw), and color-spaces, you are no where ready to do something like this.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
My feeling is if you need to ask for help with this project, it is beyond your present capabilities. And as @dl324 says....
Why re-invent the wheel? There are a number of window managers for ARM microcontrollers running Linux.

If you want a stripped down GUI to save resources, the source code is available.