I want to build a something to tell me when a truck moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelag

Joined Mar 6, 2016
I need to sit in line with my truck. I want to be able to close my eyes for a min., but I need to know when the truck in front of me moves.

I think I want to use a ultrasonic sensor 0-25 ft #2157351 from Jameco with something like a DC 3-24 V Electronic Tone Buzzer Alarm 95 dB.
It would be nice if I could make a box and put on the dash of my truck. When I pull into line I would just flip a switch and close my eyes. When the alarm goes off I turn off the box and pull ahead.
Will this ultrasonic sensor work through my windshield?
I think I am building a motion sensor, only in reverse. I want to sense something when it leaves my sensor area, not when it come into it. Can it be done?

Cheers.

Nelag

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Gee... there's an identical post from someone who wants to do the EXACT SAME THING over in the PROJECTS forum. Maybe you could contact him to see what he plans on doing, since surely, you didn't double post, especially after reading the forum rules!

Nelag

Joined Mar 6, 2016
Gee... there's an identical post from someone who wants to do the EXACT SAME THING over in the PROJECTS forum. Maybe you could contact him to see what he plans on doing, since surely, you didn't double post, especially after reading the forum rules!
Thank you so much for your informative and kind reply. We went over and read on how to post a question and it said many things, but I could not find anything about double posting. I will continue to search for that information. I could only find suggestions that we a people, not animals should be reply kindly to each other and not to bit or snip at each other. It seems to me to be very good advice. Cheers. Nelag.

Status
Not open for further replies.