I need to increase alternator's power to charging batteries.

Mthokozisi

Joined Feb 14, 2017
Mine is running but I still need ideas to increase its power so that it could run a loaded conventional alternator for charging batteries. Its just that my access to materials os limited as I'm from Zimbabwe one of the poorest countries in Africa. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mods Note:
Please don't hijack other member's thread, now you have your own.
Please show your Email on forum, it may bring the Spambot to our forum and your Email account.
This thread was split from Car alternator to DC motor.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Mine is running but I still need ideas to increase its power so that it could run a loaded conventional alternator for charging batteries.
Please, more details about your system and what you want to accomplish. I don't understand, for instance, what is running?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
What are you powering the alternator from to begin with and why cant that power source be used to charge the batteries directly rather than going through a multi stage and highly inefficient electrical to mechanical back to electrical process?

Are you thinking you can use the power off the same battery you want to charge to run the motor that runs the alternator that is intended to recharge the same battery you started with? If so, I guarantee it won't work.