I need to do an assignment from protheus but I dont know how to do

bloodyhbt

Joined May 18, 2020
I need to do an assignment for my introduction to communication system course but our teacher doesnt teach us how to use proteus and how to do a circuit can you help me please

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I need to do an assignment for my introduction to communication system course but our teacher doesnt teach us how to use proteus and how to do a circuit can you help me please
The assignment says you can use simulation software of your choice. Do you know how to use any other simulators? If the parts in question are in the simulator you choose to use, it should be straightforward to enter the circuits and do as the assignment guides you.

If you can use simulator that's free, you're more likely to get help.

bloodyhbt

Joined May 18, 2020
Welcome to AAC!
The assignment says you can use simulation software of your choice. Do you know how to use any other simulators? If the parts in question are in the simulator you choose to use, it should be straightforward to enter the circuits and do as the assignment guides you.

If you can use simulator that's free, you're more likely to get help.
Thanks for reply. Actually the problem is I don't know how to do a circuit and I think this modulators only exist on the proteus. I know how to write my report and how to describe my circuit but I dont know how to draw a circuit with or without programs. I dont know how to do connections

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I know how to write my report and how to describe my circuit but I dont know how to draw a circuit with or without programs. I dont know how to do connections
The instructions show you how the components are connected. It seems like all you have to do is apply an input and interpret the results.

bloodyhbt

Joined May 18, 2020
So all I have to do is draw this circuit diagrams ? I have to draw first one and get results then delete this diagram. After I delete it, I have to draw second diagram and get the result again is it true?
The instructions show you how the components are connected. It seems like all you have to do is apply an input and interpret the results.
When I draw this circuits, how do I connect sine waves to input?

Sorry but Im really a noob and dont know how to do mc1648 vco component its not on the protheus Ive downloaded ltspice but I couldnt find that component in there too.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
When I draw this circuits, how do I connect sine waves to input?
There should be some signal generator tool that you connect to your circuit and specify parameters for the waveform. I've never used Proteus, so can't help with that. I've used Multisim, and it was pretty straightforward.
Sorry but Im really a noob and dont know how to do mc1648 vco component its not on the protheus Ive downloaded ltspice but I couldnt find that component in there too.
Your instructors should be able to provide some guidance.

Attachments

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Proteus can be frustrating when you can’t find components and you need to purchase plans for access to more.

Multisim online is pretty good for use in class, many of us on the forum use LTSpice. All these tools have a learning curve. MultisI’m online may be a good way to get started.

Be patient and check for tutorials online.

Sleve Hope

Joined Apr 21, 2020
If you are having problems using Proteus try similar software like KiCad, LTspice. KiCad is open source and there is no need to purchase plan to access different components.
Or seek help from tutorials of how to get started.
Or in worst case scenario ask your teacher for help.

bloodyhbt

Joined May 18, 2020
Thank you for everything but our teacher said that(as you can see from the pictures) do not ask me anything and he has never teached us how to use circuit drawing programs because of that I need some assistance and help. I've started to use ltspice and download that free component from @Bordodynov but still having issues and problems for lm566 component and mc1648

It says couldn't find symbol when I download this modulator

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
our teacher said that(as you can see from the pictures) do not ask me anything and he has never teached us how to use circuit drawing programs
That should give you an idea of what the education you're paying for will be worth if you choose to continue with the program. A teacher who doesn't want to teach is in the wrong profession. The same goes for a teacher who can't teach.

bloodyhbt

Joined May 18, 2020
That should give you an idea of what the education you're paying for will be worth if you choose to continue with the program. A teacher who doesn't want to teach is in the wrong profession. The same goes for a teacher who can't teach.
You're right. But in Turkey, our university professors love to create difficulties. They make everything difficult because of the corona virus

bloodyhbt

Joined May 18, 2020
I could not get into the quizzes of this course because I had a bad accident and my hand was cut. Normally the teacher had to make a make-up quiz, but he said he wouldn't although I had a surgery and a medical report. He is a very difficult person to understand.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I had a bad accident and my hand was cut.
I'm sorry. Hope you recovered.

Normally the teacher had to make a make-up quiz, but he said he wouldn't although I had a surgery and a medical report. He is a very difficult person to understand.
I had a calculus teacher my freshman year who was horrible. He wouldn't give make up quizzes for any reason and was terrible at explaining things. He liked to skip multiple steps to impress us with his brilliance; he claimed he made fewer mistakes that way. He used both hands while he wrote on the chalkboard (ancient times, I know). He wrote with his right hand and erased with his left before we could take notes.

Back to your problem.

I suggest you check the LTspice thread referenced above. There is a model for MC1648. Don't know about LM566.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Just keep in mind it might be unfair to assume the professor would be familiar with all the different simulators out there, this covid19 issue has caused many issues with classes. It would be better if he chose one simulator to support. We use multi sim in class but he’s fine with me using LTSpice.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
I use Proteus on a very large scale, to the point that I know everyone who works there.. Leeds is only 30 mins down the M62..
I do find it extremely easy to use, but I've been with them since version 3.. I should imagine you will have a "cracked" copy so Dave wouldn't even entertain helping you..

The MC1648 is indeed missing from the library so It will have to be made or ported.. The LM566 is modelled..
ON semiconductor ( They make the device now MC100EL1648 ) Have the die circuit printed in the datasheet.
https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MC100EL1648-D.PDF

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
I use a pencil and paper first. I try to get close then identify the packages and pads hole size usually need to check with a caliper then write it all down on the paper. I use the eraser a lot.