I need some help here engineers on digital circuits.I have done decoder but am stuck with sub circuits.

eddkim

Joined May 5, 2020
How do your labels correspond to the problem text? You have V0, V1, and V2. The problem says you have V1, V2, and V3.
Its just a labling error,thanks for alerting me.Otherwise the output should be alright

What you have already drawn is not neat. Neatness will allow you and others to follow the circuit more easily.
[/QUOTE
Any help will be appreciated.Thanks

eddkim

Joined May 5, 2020
Check again.

I don't know what logic you're trying to implement, but the circled gates look suspicious to me.
View attachment 206319
Okay basically its a general 3 to 8 decoder.Why do you feel there is some problem here?

Check again.

I don't know what logic you're trying to implement, but the circled gates look suspicious to me.
View attachment 206319
@Dennis could you please suggest the way you would have solved this task?.

The inputs are three c1,c2,c3 and A1,A2,A3.The decoder above will handle the speed between 0 to 7 as the output thats why i have 8 gates

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Okay basically its a general 3 to 8 decoder.Why do you feel there is some problem here?
If your work wasn't so sloppy, you could see that you haven't drawn it correctly. Two gates are V0V1, two gates are V0V1V2, and one gate only has one input connected.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
could you please suggest the way you would have solved this task?
Homework help doesn't work that way. We can offer guidance, but you have to do most of the work.

There's more than one way to solve this problem. Clearly your instructor has a method in mind. You need to show us what you've been studying so we can see what your instructor expects.

eddkim

Joined May 5, 2020
Homework help doesn't work that way. We can offer guidance, but you have to do most of the work.

There's more than one way to solve this problem. Clearly your instructor has a method in mind. You need to show us what you've been studying so we can see what your instructor expects.
He didnt specify the method.If at all you give me the idea you have i will work on the easiest method.thats my truth table.

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
thats my truth table.
I assume you're doing this on a computer. Why are you taking distorted pictures of your screen and desk/keyboard? You can take screen captures or print to PDF.
clipimage.jpg
This makes no sense. If V=0, why are you showing V1, V2, V3 in the table? By definition, they're all 0's.

Is this the method that you're being taught? It would be helpful if you posted your lecture notes on decoders.

EDIT: Your tables would be easier to read if you reduced the column width:
clipimage.jpg

You're probably doing what your instructor is doing. S/he doesn't get it either. Having unnecessarily wide columns isn't helpful.

EDIT 2,3: Corrected table again; now matches OP's.

Last edited:

eddkim

Joined May 5, 2020
I assume you're doing this on a computer. Why are you taking distorted pictures of your screen and desk/keyboard? You can take screen captures or print to PDF.
View attachment 206326
This makes no sense. If V=0, why are you showing V1, V2, V3 in the table? By definition, they're all 0's.

Is this the method that you're being taught? It would be helpful if you posted your lecture notes on decoders.

EDIT: Your tables would be easier to read if you reduced the column width:
View attachment 206331

You're probably doing what your instructor is doing. S/he doesn't get it either. Having unnecessarily wide columns isn't helpful.

EDIT 2: Corrected table.
This part of the truth table is just a part showing whether the accelaration is successfull or unsuccessful.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
This part of the truth table is just a part showing whether the accelaration is successfull or unsuccessful.
The posted table is for V=0, why do you bother to show columns for V1, V2, and V3? They're all 0's. Showing irrelevant information isn't helpful.

eddkim

Joined May 5, 2020
Could you please guide me on what you have.I need the way to go so that i can work it out

The posted table is for V=0, why do you bother to show columns for V1, V2, and V3? They're all 0's. Showing irrelevant information isn't helpful.
VO is when the car is not moving mate

VO is when the car is not moving mate
The calculations of this table is not part of the markings.It is used to calculate the rules on the main document

dl324 and Dennis what do you have for me about these task?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
dl324 and Dennis what do you have for me about these task?
Nothing until you provide the information I've asked for.

I'd be inclined to solve it using a Kmap with 6 variables. I doubt that your instructor has that in mind because you and he keep mentioning decoders. Besides, not many students could simplify a Kmap with 6 variables.

eddkim

Joined May 5, 2020
Nothing until you provide the information I've asked for.

I'd be inclined to solve it using a Kmap with 6 variables. I doubt that your instructor has that in mind because you and he keep mentioning decoders. Besides, not many students could simplify a Kmap with 6 variables.
yea it needs to be a circuit.Thanks though

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
it needs to be a circuit.
This is what I meant:
clipimage.jpg

It would have been twice the number of gates with your 2 input limitation, but doable. You just need to be able to solve a 6 variable Kmap.

EDIT: Updated logic diagram.

Last edited: