I Need smart person advice for relay and two power sources.

SirSparksalot

Joined Aug 31, 2017
I need help finding/making an electronic relay for switching back and forth between two power sources. As one source is depleted the other is charging, they will alternate according to preset output levels. An existing solution that I can purchase would be best.

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
I need help finding/making an electronic relay for switching back and forth between two power sources. As one source is depleted the other is charging, they will alternate according to preset output levels. An existing solution that I can purchase would be best.
Give more details about the power sources.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Electronic means preferred over a mechanical relay?
Max.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
So far any form C relay "may" work..

More details needed..
Voltage/current levels?
Do these 2 sources share the same ground? or 100% isolated?
resistive or inductive loads?
How will this relay know it needs to "switch"? What is the voltage of the switching signal? Is it AC or DC?
What are the devices being powered?
,etc...

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE: Sparks a Lot""switching back and forth between two power sources""

If You mean with this just two power sources interrupted supply of DC, then apply diode in series with each supply. The strongest will win, the weakest will stay waiting a queue.

If You mean one of that PS will be battery, then solution is other. If PS are AC then more other. Be specific if want a specific answer, please.