I need help with this ladder logic question

NickH303030

Joined Apr 15, 2018
This is the question:

Use the Door Simulator in Logix Pro to implement a program that will automate the garage door opening and closing process. The sequence of operation is as follows:

• Initially, the garage is closed
• When the OPEN button is momentarily depressed, the garage door will open
• When the door reaches the top limit switch, it will pause for 10 seconds, and then automatically close
• The OPEN indicator light will activate only while the door is traveling upward
• The SHUT indicator light will activate only while the door is traveling downward

My attempt is posted. I can’t get it to function properly.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One usual practice is to interlock both motor outputs, i.e. place Motor Open output in Motor Close output string and vice-versa.
As N/C contact for e.g.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Ah I see, you showed them as L.S. in your original listing, not P.B's , and only one P.B. but so just I am not sure what O:2/02 Ajar is?
If It closes automatically, I assume the stop and close P.B.'s are an override or alternative operation of the door procedure?
Max.

NickH303030

Joined Apr 15, 2018
Ah I see, you showed them as L.S. in your original listing, not P.B's , and only one P.B. but so just I am not sure what O:2/02 Ajar is?
If It closes automatically, I assume the stop and close P.B.'s are an override or alternative operation of the door procedure?
Max.
An override sounds exactly right. The door needs to automatically close so for this program we won’t need to press the shut or close buttons. We just need the door to start the process when the open button is pushed and then when it starts shutting the shut light needs to come on.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The logic for the IND lights appears wrong, the description shows the light are on only when motor is moving, either up or down.
You have the respective up/dwn L.S. turning the lamp on.
While the door is in transit either up or dwn, the L.S.'s will be in the same state.
Hint, use the motor outputs.
Max.