I need help with my led project

Randall Baker

Joined Apr 12, 2018
Hi there so I'm building a pool and i want to have rgbw lights that are fully addressable. I don't want one of the pre made devices I want to use an audrino to power the lights and have it work via Bluetooth. By rgbw I mean rgb plus warm and cold white lighting so i can have any color of the rainbow and any color of white. There are some lights on the market caled lifx z that had the option to choose any color inbetween warm and cold to get the perefect white tempature so are there lights I can buy on the market that have that also have that feature? Also this is my first project so what would I need to get over 40 feet of rgbw lighting to work via an audrino with a custom android application. I don't want people to say that its to hard to power that many lights and it can't be done I just want the list of parts and why I need them
Thanks in advance!

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
An ambitious project for a first timer. But yes, it's doable. Just look at the Jumbo-Tron at any given sports event. There are obviously thousands upon thousands of LED's going off there. But also consider this: They're not all powered at once by a single controller. There are dozens if not a hundred or more panels that make up the Jumbo-Tron. Each panel controls a much smaller number of lights. Each panel is controlled by a master panel. To light as many LED's as you want to is going to take a whole lot of electronics.

I would certainly be interested in seeing how you accomplish this task.