I need help identifying this micro component on my Dell motherboard.

Stan83

Joined Jan 21, 2022
Hello pro's, first time threader. I'm no expert, so I come here to seek guidance.

I have spent 7 hours straight trying to find data sheets, pinouts, anything at all that can identify my dell g7 7588 that just blew what I'm guessing maybe.... like a optocoupler??? But seriously guys, I depend on this 2018 laptop, it's powerful enough to handle my day to day. I have kept her going like an old Ford Taurus, and now I seek guidance from good people helping people out. Any info you can give me, anything I can do to repair, replace and sources of where I can find the schematics I need to bring "ol betty" back to life. Thank you all so much and I look forward

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You're wasting your time. In order to effect a repair to a board at the component level you need access to things you just don't have.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
US2 certainly looks as though it let out the magic smoke. Does it still have any legible identifying markings on it (the images aren't sharp enough to tell)? If not, your best hope is to find a good clear image of another motherboard in a comparable Dell PC and get the data from that. Failing that, IF it is indeed an opto-coupler and IF its parameters aren't critical you might get away with using a non-OEM opto-coupler as a replacement.
The question is, though, what caused the component to fail? Unless you can eliminate the cause then any replacement may suffer the same fate.

Stan83

Joined Jan 21, 2022
There are a few factors. So I replaced the battery, ac adapter (19.5dc 9.23a 180w) sofirst, the USB 3.1 power share went completely dead. I mean no driver, no port. Also, I have wasted 89 bucks on a 53 wah lithium ion battery cause i couldn't get power to the battery.... the dc connecter and plug was next, and right before this happened, I had a surge when plugging a device into one of the other uses. It's graphic card is integrated, so I had to plug in a monitor. But the main contributer was that broken dc plug that I did get replaced. So I am pretty confident once I replace this "octocoupler" I believe i can run "powercfg" and throttle down some settings and run it at a balanced power plan. I appreciate your feedback and any literature that anyone knows of that can help me identify and repair this matter, I would be ever-most grateful
Respectfully,
Stan(not)the man.

Stan83

Joined Jan 21, 2022
TM9WY Dell G7 7588 Motherboard w/ i7-8850H CPU GTX 1060
Still looking thru pics, but none have been clear enough yet.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It is probably not an opto coupler, but it certainly is fried. I suggest that you rescue the hard drive and save the screen as a spare, because it looks to me like there is a big problem, U52 might be a opamp or even a voltage regulator.
And motherboard were not made to be repaired.