i need help for making a DAC for better sound quality

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
@GopherT : I have left Pgh more than a year ago.

@ducher: This project was designed to be modular.

You are probably struggling with the USB-I2S bridge module, which I have to admit is pretty tricky.

Designing and debugging the whole project requires a broad (but not deep) knowledge of EE basics, your lack of which others have pointed out. However it seems that all you need is to manufacture a copy and the only thing missing is a programmed SPI flash.

I have added the firmware image to my Hackaday project files. Just burn it into a flash chip accepted by XHRA-2HPA (see blog https://summivox.wordpress.com/2017/02/23/making-myself-a-usb-dac-headphone-amp-usb-interface/ about the chip's flash chip ID whitelist). A dedicated SPI Flash programmer is a lot better than bus pirate, but make sure (very important!) you enable the 4-bit or quad-IO mode of the chip before you solder it to the PCB. Refer to SPI flash datasheet for how (it's usually one of the configuration registers, which you can write to using 1-bit SPI). My SPI flash programmer does NOT operate on configuration registers so I had to use Bus Pirate to do that.
Thank you very much! Is the SPI flash chip the IS25LQ016B-JNLE?

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
yes,

Hi, the description of the file (untz-4.6.cfg) on hackaday says: "configuration file (use xConfigurator.exe downloaded from XMOS official support site and this file to generate firmware image)"

I'm looking a while for the program xconfigurator but can't find this.
I can only find xTIMEcomposer on the official site.
I saw on some blogs that some people use Batronix prog-Express.
Can I use that program to do the job?

Do I need to put both programs (you posted on hackaday) in the SPI flash chip

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
From what I see,
your implementing a design , the person who's design it is , is answering you

how about , you sorting it out with them in PM, and post here an update when you have sorted it for us all.

ducher

Joined May 17, 2017
programming the spi flash is very easy

All you have to do is use a programmer,
an arduino is an easy way, and there are very many other programmers out there
just get one, and away you go

ALL you have to do is to find data you what you want to program the flash with ..
we can tell you the rest, but we can't tell you what code you need to put in the flash,

so, go back a stage

go back to where the circuit is from,
check with them if there is and then what is the code to put into the spi flash,

And please remember, we are all friendly here,
a few please and thank yous go a long way
none of us get paid for this and it takes a fair amount of time to work through these forums.

please think before you post, and think what do you want exactly, and consider can we reasonably be expected to have an answer that we can pass to you in a few lines of forum text .
Thank you , I have everything almost figured out, the only thing I need to know is how to enable the 4-bit or quad-IO mode of the chip.
Can I enable this using a Arduino? or do I have to rewrite the code of my programmer so it can operate on configuration registers?