i need help controling actuators!!help!!!!

Thread Starter

abdulhadi91

Joined Oct 29, 2013
2
hi guys,
Im doing my senior project for my B.S degree.
we are working on a flight simulator, the group before me built the frame and mounted 3 actuators on the frame. is there a way or a device I can buy to control them? or by using a joystick?
one of the actuator is on the right, one is mounted in the back and the third one is under the platform so it can rotate. and each actuator has two wires coming out of it???

any ideas?
 

Thread Starter

abdulhadi91

Joined Oct 29, 2013
2
Yes in doing my undergraduate in mechanical engineering however I don't know much about electrical.... I did all the mechanical to the project but since I didn't start this my self and I'm taking over someone else's mess it kind of confusing
 

Danm1

Joined Jul 19, 2010
75
there are already 3 actuators on the frame, so go look closely at each of the actuators, find the model numbers and the company that made them. Do a quick google search to see if there are any documentation out there. If you find some then your in good shape, but ultimately so can contact the support group at the company that made the actuators and get a reference design.

It might be that the actuators that are on there are not suitable, maybe the last person who worked on it found them in the mechanical engineering lab, or robbed them off another project.
 
Top