I need an urgent assistance please!

oath111

Joined Dec 17, 2013
Good day! A problem shared is a problem solved. Fellows, please I need an urgent assistance in overcoming a serious challenge I'm facing interfacing my Microcontroller with a stepper motor controller PC through the parallel port.
I am trying to fabricate locally a 3-Dimensional printer as my final year project, I've successfully constructed the machine but the technical part seems to be very tough.
I am using a U-2 stepper motor controller/Decoder to control the stepper motors, but i don't know the exact pins of the parallel port cable the 'A-STEP, A-DIRECTION, B-STEP and B-DIRECTION' pins of the IC (as shown in the attachment) are to be connected to.
This is urgent pls. thanks

Attachments

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Mike, I think the OP is wondering which parallel port pins to connect to the IC. not sure the "microcontroller" comes in here.

oath11, this is a pin-out for a PC parallel printer port.http://pinouts.ru/ParallelPorts/ParallelPC_pinout.shtml Your PC program will determine which of the Data Bit pins to use for the step and direction lines. Have you written the program, or you using a commercial program?

Ken

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
as KMoffett already mentions, this is dependent on your software. if software does not have configurable mapping you will have to try and see. it is not hard to check though, it is just step and direction. if you choose to run in one direction (forward for example), direction signals will be fixed, but steps are changing (pulse for each step). put some LEDs on 4 incoming lines and program move (or jog) one axis at a time.