I need a simple variable 0v to 300v DC circuit of 20amps

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Do you realize that you are talking about 6 kWatt of power?
You will never find a circuit for the full voltage range you want.
A switched powersupply will not reach 0 Volts.
A linear power supply will have to dissipate a lot of power and is very inefficient.

Bertus

magchike

Joined Oct 20, 2018
Hello,

Do you realize that you are talking about 6 kWatt of power?
You will never find a circuit for the full voltage range you want.
A switched powersupply will not reach 0 Volts.
A linear power supply will have to dissipate a lot of power and is very inefficient.

Bertus
Thanks but what should be a better solution that can solve the problem

magchike

Joined Oct 20, 2018
Please again is there a section in this forum where someone can search for only circuit diagrams without posting a thread am new here am still finding my way around here

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Obviously some questions -

1) Single or 3 phase power source ?
2) Temp Range of operation ?
3) If regulated, specs on regulation, step response, over/undershoot,
noise....
4) Safety requirements ?
5) Standards that have to be met ?
6) Principal load, inductive (like motor) or resistive (like heating) ?
7) Do you have a background in power design ?

To start HV, high current devices for this, diodes, IGBTs, MOSFET,
Infineon, Ixsys come to mind.

Regards, Dana.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No "simple" circuit exists for this application. The biggest power supply I ever built was for a 1.5 kW RF amplifier. The circuit was neither simple nor cheap.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
2 bills seems about right for a used supply with this capability. Probably 5 for a new one. Can you imagine the insides being described as "simple"? I think not.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
is there a section in this forum where someone can search for only circuit diagrams without posting a thread
No. Even if you found a diagram of a circuit to do what you're asking, building the circuit and getting it to work reliably would be a major challenge, given the power level involved.
I want to design
I get the impression that you are actually asking someone here to do the design for you :). The fact that you are asking members here for help suggests that you will need a lot more electronics experience before even beginning the design process yourself. As you can infer from the above posts, a design of this sort is not trivial.

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
It really would help to know what this circuit is needed for.

I have a sneaking suspicion the stated specs are exaggerated. I've seen lots of threads start with outlandish specs like this, and when you finally get all the details, it turns out a 180VDC treadmill circuit will do the job.

Maybe the user requirements won't actually be that bad once more details are revealed.