I just discovered a system.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
it just takes longer to heal.
My mom stumblet on a carpet on Saturday, when she was walking out the front door, to attend her guests. She fell and landed on her left armwrist, pivoting her chin to the concrete tiles. No one likes the sound when flesh hits concrete. Luckily no bruces or blood. Only a swallen wrist. She's OK.

BTW She's 84!

not going to replace truck engines
Don't you have a crane or some lifting tools to help you?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Don't you have a crane or some lifting tools to help you?
Yes, I have an engine crane and an engine stand...and an electric impact gun and 3 air compressors. What I don't have is the willingness to suffer for several days from crawling over, under, around, and through an engine compartment.

Just a month ago I wanted a grapefruit tree to go away. I waved a $100 bill at the lawn guy and the tree disappeared.
I wish engine swaps were that easy! You can make a grapefruit tree disappear in a couple of hours. You can't do an engine swap is less than a couple of days...and you have to be young to do it that quickly!

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Once, nearly 29 yrs ago, I helped a friend change an engine in a Vauxhall VX. From a 1.8 to a 2.3 or something. I think we used the weekend. We had an engine lift, and very bendy fingers and bodies.