I have an unidentified component.

Smartech620

Joined Sep 10, 2018
Can any one please identified and give me data or a re placement for the component in the following picture. I looked for this on all data sheets. Thanks.
N510AB.jpg

Smartech620

Joined Sep 10, 2018
Thanks for coming back, sorry took me some time to respond.
I do not have the circuit diagram , so I figured some of it my self. The physical board is enclosed,
this board belong too my garage electrical door , and works on 24 volts AC transformer, rectifier on board, and the motor is 24 volts DC.main board garage door opener.jpg circuit of transistor.jpg

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
There must be a reason why it failed. Check the wiring to the limit switches and motor. There may be a short circuit causing the problem. One of the switches may have welded contacts or the wiring may be damaged.

noweare

Joined Jun 30, 2017
One side of the motor should go to 24v and the other to the fet. I don't know what the coil (labeled ohms) is but it doesnt look right.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Thanks for coming back, sorry took me some time to respond.
I do not have the circuit diagram , so I figured some of it my self. The physical board is enclosed,
this board belong too my garage electrical door , and works on 24 volts AC transformer, rectifier on board, and the motor is 24 volts DC.View attachment 159656 View attachment 159657
The traced circuit is in error. The FET will never get power. What about the Snubber?

Smartech620

Joined Sep 10, 2018
Thank you all who are trying to help me.

The traced circuit is in error. The FET will never get power. What about the Snubber?
1. The contacts shown in my traced circuit are 2 relays that change the direction to the DC motor so it can go forward or backward. The board is to control a garage electrical door .
2. The traced circuit shows only part of the complete circuit.
3. max down , and max up micro switches , checked normally closed circuit . And again they are going to the electronic board in the input section.

About the motor I have taken it down and inspected it on the bench , run it on 24 Volts batteries and working perfectly , even on load it did draw 2 to 3.5 Amps max. Depending on the position of the door whether its going up to going down.
I have also changed the transformer to a new one 24Volts AC 100VA.

Change the mos fet 3 times to IRF 510 and keeps blowing up after a short time of working.
Noted that the mosfet gets hot even with a large heat sink,

Any way back to my first question , is the component shown in my first photo a MOSFET , have any one seen that number before, and with wot shell I replace it so it will not blow again .
Shell I install a higher rated mosfet ????

I would like to thank you in anticipation.

Ray

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
In your sketch you show the input voltage as 9-6V. I assume that you mean that it switches between 9 volts and 6 volts with respect to ground.
6 volts is not low enough to turn off the MOS FET properly which is probably why it keeps blowing.. Something is wrong with what ever is supplying that signal. It should switch a lot closer to ground potential.

Smartech620

Joined Sep 10, 2018
Thanks for your replay.
In the full circuit the mosfet is driven to full on state with the 9 volts on the gate , and when the board gives signal to switch the motor "off" the gate voltage goes down to 6 volts for 4 sec than to 0 volts , so that the motor slows down . Rap down slowly.
Any way I think I found the problem . And for others to know I would like to ex plane wot I was doing wrong,
I thing the mosfet heat sink that I was using , because I was pressing the mosfet between two pieces aluminum ,not only from the part of the mosfet heat side, but I was pressing the hole chip body, disturbing the in side of the chip. I know that this is strange but now it is working.

Heat sink mounting..jpg