İ cant charge my iphone 6s with dc booster

tonystark96

Joined Oct 19, 2017
hi, i struggle to make a power bank. I bought a dc booster module and i step up from 3.7 volt to 5.09 volt, i use a lion battery. While i can charge android phones, cant charge iphone. Iphone takes 100ma and it doesnt turn to charge mode. Is there any charge mode data on usb? Why cant i do this?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Different devices require different voltages on the data pins. If you search around, you can find databases of voltages that people have found to work for different devices. As you've noticed, some devices don't care.

tonystark96

Joined Oct 19, 2017
Different devices require different voltages on the data pins. If you search around, you can find databases of voltages that people have found to work for different devices. As you've noticed, some devices don't care.
How power banks work for all phones if there are different data?

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
when it comes to apple products, they often don't. <muttering to myself, I won't bash apple, I won't bash apple, I won't bash apple...>

I think it's not that simple. I have a 2-port charger. The retailer knew nothing. The manual knows nothing.

I found out that one side doesn't charge my cell. It was labeled a 2.1 Amp charger.

I could charge my cell on one port at 500 mA and the GPS in the other at 1A, but the cell would not charge on the 1 Amp port.

So, I labeled the ports and the unit. USB-2, 1.5 A and 0.5 A. Probably should label them Phone and GPS too.

I believe it customary to be able to supply 100 mA without negotiation.

You might try a dedicated charging port controller such as http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps2511.pdf. This one does support a 0.5 and 1.5 A standard, but my charger would not support 0.5 A on both ports.