I can make a difference on Electronic Components websites with your help.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Thank you for your reply @jpanhalt that is very helpful. You mentioned the search engine tends to be all not that great, if you could change anything about the way it works, what would you tell the developers to focus on?
You need to re-read my comment. The DigiKey search engine is quite good -- certainly a whole lot better than Amazon's or Walmart's.

Moreover, I offered a suggestion.

UXLab

Joined Jul 5, 2019
In a career spanning half a century, I spent very little time working with online resources. In larger organizations we had other professionals who dealt with component acquisition. We had face to face contact with sales reps and distributors. We had libraries of databooks and CDs organized to find information rapidly. In smaller organizations and working as a consultant it was perhaps less than 5% of my time. That is why I don't particularly care what you do with the online interface, because they're all different and it now takes longer to find stuff than it did previously so I just don't bother. I don't see a viable solution to the problem of forcing an engineer to become more autonomous. We lack the support staff we used to have and as a result we have become less efficient and less productive.
ah! thanks @Papabravo that clarifies more the reason for your perspective. That, believe or not helps me quite a lot. Thanks!

Jonlate

Joined Dec 21, 2017
I only use farnell element 14 due to living in Ireland and it’s free P&P regardless of how much you order, even if it just a euro, and arrives by courier the next day.

I hate the use of generic picture, I want the item I am buying to be the photo.

I love the aspect that you can see the data sheet, and cad on most parts. This is especially good when ordering d-sub or molex connectors as you can see exactly what size it is rather than just reading a text.

As previously said, I don’t like the new products taking 3/4 of the home page. Yet I do understand they have to advertise them to make us know new things are available.

Hope that helps you in your quest.

UXLab

Joined Jul 5, 2019
I only use farnell element 14 due to living in Ireland and it’s free P&P regardless of how much you order, even if it just a euro, and arrives by courier the next day.

I hate the use of generic picture, I want the item I am buying to be the photo.

I love the aspect that you can see the data sheet, and cad on most parts. This is especially good when ordering d-sub or molex connectors as you can see exactly what size it is rather than just reading a text.

As previously said, I don’t like the new products taking 3/4 of the home page. Yet I do understand they have to advertise them to make us know new things are available.

Hope that helps you in your quest.
Thank you @Jonlate that helps me. You mentioned the New products taking 3/4 of the Home page, I assumed that's on Mouser's site. What section would you think be more helpful to you instead of the New products?