Hunting Season Begins

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Well, actually archery started last week. Headed out last Monday but got busted by the buck lying up in some short bush. Head out again this eve to sit blind. End of month we're meeting up for our annual goose shoot. My oldest daughter is licensed up so I'm really looking forward to spending time with her in the field.
Any other hunters out there, and what are you targeting in your locale. Whitetail and Mulies for me during archery, then Whitetail for rifle season. Love shotgunning for upland/waterfowl. We've had an excellent summer with lots of moisture and rich crops. Seriously contemplating taking off Oct/Nov to catch up on a couple of lost years.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
There used to be some very good shooting along the Moray Firth when the geese flew in. Some were so low you could almost knock them out of the sky!

Today, they fly too high - not worth going out really.

I was up in the hills (Glen Mhor) on Boxing day a few years ago with my grandfather seeing if any grouse were about (quite a few) and as we were coming down through Essich, there were thousands of geese in the fields. The fields were literally grey with geese everywhere. A quick honk of the horn sent them flying around for a bit, and that's a sight I'll remember.

Good luck with the shooting, keep us up to date.

Sparky

P.S. Will you be eating with maple syrup?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Archery, other then hog or varmant hunting is all I'll do these days. Hog because we have to hunt them here because they destroying so much land. Varment because I stilll like huning wabbit, squirril, gator, etc..