ht12e encoder for 433mhz RF

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi All, I am using the ht12e encoder and ht12d decoder in a project. I have sent the following message to EMICO Australia who supply the chip.
I value input for this website. EMICO may not respond. What is your opinion on my solution. Will it work?
"Hi, I need a little more info regarding its operation. I am using an Atmega 328p microcontroller. I need to send 433mhz data using your encoder.
I am having a problem with the digital low output of the mcu. Your data pin of the encoder is not recognizing it. If you try to measure a low from the mcu with a meter you just get a high voltage 5v reading. . I think to read a low voltage you may need a resistor attached to the 5v source and connected to the data pin.
So I propose this. I connect a 1k resistor from 5v to the data pin I am using on the encoder. Then the low and high from the mcu is applied directly to the data pin. This way the low will be sinking current on the mcu.
Would this work for the data pin of the encoder?"

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Not sure why you have started a new thread on the same problem but I also see you have cross posted on the Arduino forum about the same problem. You have been asked before about posting a schematic or wiring diagram of how you have the Nano connected to the ht12e. It would be advisable to do this.

I think to read a low voltage you may need a resistor attached to the 5v source and connected to the data pin.
So I propose this. I connect a 1k resistor from 5v to the data pin I am using on the encoder. Then the low and high from the mcu is applied directly to the data pin. This way the low will be sinking current on the mcu.
The data pins on the ht12e have internal pullup resistors you don't need to add 1K resistors. The outputs from the mcu should be connected directly to the data inputs on the ht12e.

If you try to measure a low from the mcu with a meter you just get a high voltage 5v reading.
Sounds like you may have a programming problem rather than a hardware issue.
Show me a wiring diagram please.