HT12E and HT12E, remote control IC's. More channels needed

Pyrex

Joined Feb 16, 2022
Hi,
those IC's in DIP case are available at a local shop. Seems be reliable.
Datasheet indicates four channels can be used. I need 6 channel . One transmitter and one receiver used in the device.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advice

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Hi,
those IC's in DIP case are available at a local shop. Seems be reliable.
Datasheet indicates four channels can be used. I need 6 channel . One transmitter and one receiver used in the device.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advice
It transmits a 12-bit word, with four data bits, so it can go up to 4096 channels.
of the 4 data outputs, they can be decoded to make 16.

Pyrex

Joined Feb 16, 2022
It transmits a 12-bit word, with four data bits, so it can go up to 4096 channels.
of the 4 data outputs, they can be decoded to make 16.

So, as i understand, those 4 outputs can be send simultaneously ?

Pyrex

Joined Feb 16, 2022
Yes. It’s just expedient when you only need four channels. However, if you decode them, it does mean you can’t send two commands simultaneously.
It's OK, i do not need to control my 6 relays simultaneously.
Can you tell me , decoder CD4555BMS' can be used for decoding? HT12D is to be used as decoder in pair with HT12E. Sorry , there's an error in the title:(

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I guessed you meant the HT12D.
A 4514 or 4515 would be better, if there is a high-voltage CMOS version of the 74HC138 that would be smaller. Make sure you account for what happens when no button is pressed and no signal is received. The “zero“ output may be asserted, unless you use the “valid transmission” output to enable and disable the decoder.